Cricket Captain 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2018

I know 2017 has only just come out, but has anyone got any thoughts as to what could be planned for the 2018 version, as it'll be 20 years since the first version.... even though the first versions were originally developed by Empire Interactive.....

2017 has to be the last possible installment before a DRS system is implemented in the game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by hitthestump View Post
      2017 has to be the last possible installment before a DRS system is implemented in the game imo.
      Yep I like that idea. I remember the season after 3rd Umpire came in... a pause for red/green lights. Can't remember which version.

Comment

Issue with that is that the game would have to purposefully make errors in decisions since there is no human error. It could be automatic without player input just to add a bit of drama like with 3rd umpire decisions though.

Edit: As for new features, an international women's competition seem like the next step after the big domestic expansions over the last few years. Or bringing back associate teams which has probably been suggested to death by now (was it 2012 that you could play as teams such as Germany?)
        Last edited by Wilted; 07-09-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

The ability to designate the main bowlers when simming matches or something along the lines of that would be a great feature. So many times I pick a bowler that I want to have bowling regularly in the innings, but the AI ends up using someone like Ravi Bopara as an out-and-out seamer instead and the bowler ends up not bowling at all and batting at 10.

Comment

Why do people keep asking for this? It's the sort of thing that will become a pain very quickly. Certain animations will always be out, and certain animations will always be not out (as it is now). You'll learn very, very quickly which is which and you'll know for a fact whether it's right or not. DRS would just be a time waster.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
              The ability to designate the main bowlers when simming matches or something along the lines of that would be a great feature. So many times I pick a bowler that I want to have bowling regularly in the innings, but the AI ends up using someone like Ravi Bopara as an out-and-out seamer instead and the bowler ends up not bowling at all and batting at 10.
              I suppose that's what they mean by "performance will not be at 100%"

Comment

Originally posted by jedimasterlincoln View Post

I suppose that's what they mean by "performance will not be at 100%"
                I guess. Thing is, some want both to be able to progress through the years and but don't want to grind through a whole season, which in county cricket can take a long time. I really enjoy the end of season in county cricket where I can buy new players, for example. Actually working towards near 100% performance by being able to provide some commands before the simming would make the experience better imo.

Comment

I'd like to see it rain in one day matches (even the odd wash out), know it could be frustrating but the added realism would be great.

Comment

My first post. Hope I don't get hooked for six.

I would like to see the following things in any future versions.

A computer v computer game mode where you could sit back and if you wanted to do so, watch one of the other matches in the competition you are involved in. I recently played the Australian first-class league but didn't make the final. It would have been good to have been able to watch it. It would also be nice to set-up Test matches, pick the teams, then watch the game unfold.

The game definitely needs new commentary input and without doubt a second commentator. I think that would really freshen up the game.

In a recent match I played the opposition declared at 462/4. No problem with that, but the declaration was mid session and one of the batsmen was 199 not out. Could we tweak those kind of unrealistic happenings out of the game.

That's my thoughts. Glad to read any response to them.

EDIT

One other thing. The crowds should reflect the level of game being played. English County Championship matches should have sparse crowds and big international games full houses. One last thing, why aren't there any women spectators in the game?
                    Last edited by ChinMusic; 07-12-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I started playing again last year after not playing the game for many. I think there were tour matches last year and I think I saw somebody else comment on this. I'm just about to start the Ashes this winter but it's straight into the Tests so what about tour games?

Some people maybe don't like them but maybe you could have the option at the beginning of a career to have them included or not.

Some sort of option to have the England Lions or various country's A-Teams that you select but sort of sim in the background like the domestic games if you're just playing internationally would be good.

How about being able to call up a replacement for players injured on tour?

13-man home squads would be good just to give you more options.

Comment

1) Replacing Injured players when on Tour
                        2) Being able to pick what type of pitch you want in Home International Series
                        3) being able to select an "A" team so you can see how your younger player or fringe player go vs other "A" teams.
                        ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Love the new competitions in the 2017 version.
                          I'd like more former Test and ODI players to use in Alltime Great series, ideally every player who has ever played international cricket.
                          I know it sounds like a lot, but baseball management sims seem to manage complete rosters for every year in history with stats accurate up to that point in time.
                          This is one thing ICC should aspire to.
                          The ability to take over a Test team at any point in their history, and then have the real players age and grow over time would be amazing.
                          I suppose a database of every First Class, List A, and T20 player in history would be required for that, but we can dream.
                          A database of every current and former International Cricketer shouldn't take up too much space compared to a database of every current worldwide cricketer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                            1) Replacing Injured players when on Tour
                            2) Being able to pick what type of pitch you want in Home International Series
                            3) being able to select an "A" team so you can see how your younger player or fringe player go vs other "A" teams.
                            I think the A Team idea would be a really good addition to the game. If you're managing/captaining England then you could select the A or Lions team and their matches could sim in the background like domestic matches do. You could tie this into the replacing injured players on tour so that if a squad member gets injured you're taken to your A team and can view performance and select a replacement (Maybe limited to sam position but guess doesn't have to be)

Comment

There needs to be more randomisation from the AI. In a 4 day FC game they declare at 600 every time if they get there. On the final day you always know they will leave you about 280 in 60 overs or maybe 180-190 in the final session. It's really tedious when you are having the games play out in the same way all the time. You can also work out pretty easily the kind of declaration they will chase and those they will not attempt leading to a certain draw. I had a game where I was clashing with top of the table in the penultimate game, a draw or win for the AI all but seals the title. But it isn't advanced enough to bat a dead game out but instead declares leaving me 180 in a session and I take it down with ease and go on to win the title. It just wouldn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X