This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16.07 database feedback

The database has been updated in the 16.06 patch that went live earlier today. Only save games started with version 16.06 will pick up these changes.

All other fixes will apply to existing saves and existing saves will continue to work.

We went through your feedback and as usual it was superb. When providing player ability feedback, please judge players over extensive periods of time.

Remember, our bowling speeds are:

RF > RMF > RFM > RM

Sureshot

Darren Sammy and Dwayne Bravo retire after one season when playing with west indies. I'm guessing this needs to be fixed.

Comment

Paul van Meekeren --> Somerset

http://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/20...xFhoYtCZfes.97

http://www.espncricinfo.com/netherla...er/348109.html

Comment

Don't know it it's necessarily a database issue (although I expect there's some sort of player ratings driving it), but something I've noticed for years (and it has improved, but it can still be an issue with certain players) is that when you select a spinner for a Test or First Class match, and you simulate the game, you'll look at the scorecard, and there'll be some part-timer or batsman who rarely/never bowls in real life bowling 20+ overs, and your spinner will have bowled less than 10. I know the easy solution is to not simulate, but there are times that you'd like to see what happens if you just simulate, but it causes unrealistic things to happen. Similar thing happens if you select an all-rounder/5th bowler. You'll get your main bowlers bowling some ridiculous number of overs, while the all-rounder gets like 2-3 overs max.

There needs to be some sort of in-built way for bowlers to be prioritised over part-timers or batsmen when bowling overs. Furthermore (and this might be a longer-term suggestion for a new feature), there should be a way to select the bowling order just like the batting order when simulating, and even a slider that allows you to set an over range that they should be bowling.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Richard Gleeson of Northants is down as a RM, last week he bowled a ball at over 90mph against the Bears. Please can he be changed to a RF?

Regards
          Matt

Comment

Leicestershire

Irfan Karim needs removing hes not even a player at the club.
            Cameron Delport is not a T20 only player he is here on a visa that doesn't count him as overseas. Strange that he is classed as T20 overseas when it says I have 3 of 2 overseas for T20
            Richard Jones is with Leicestershire until the end of the season so he's got to be with Leicestershire from Warwickshire!

Comment

Thanks for the update guys. Having seen Rahat Ali live at Lords a couple of weeks back I definitely think he is LMF as opposed to LFM.

Comment

Zimbabwe seem to have a pretty limited pool of players to choose from. I understand that this must be down to the bad state of their first class game (from which the database must draw from) and the fact that youngsters often choose to take up scholarships in England but I wonder if there are a few names who should be in the pool.

Malcom Lake is a talented allrounder who has now been around a few years: http://hmetro.co.zw/bruce-lake-available-for-zim/

There are a few talents in the u-19 squad who some are already talking up as national team players, eg: Richard Ngarava (who recently took for 4/10 against SA u-19s), Kundai Matigmu (who is meant to be a genuine fast bowler) and Rugare Magarira (chinaman bowler). Of the batsmen Shaun Snyder (opener), Ryan Murray (wicket keeper) and Jeremy Ives (allrounder) have developing reputations. All of the above played in this game:

Live Cricket Scoreboard: Get South Africa Under-19s vs Zimbabwe Under-19s 9th Place Play-off Semi-Final, cricket scorecard, ICC Under-19 World Cup 2015/16 dated February 08, 2016.

Of course Zim's best young talents could have been the Curran brothers. But in the game it'd be great to flesh out their options a bit more - of all the countries they probably need to have more youth players to choose from because the senior resources are so depleted!

(Not sure if you addressed the batting line ups in the latest patch/update but SA team still looks wonky - Amla now comes in at 3 but Faf is still at 7 in the first series vs WI.)
                Last edited by Michael H; 07-27-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Rob Key is missing from the retired players database which is strange for someone who has a test double hundred.

Comment

Lakshan Sandakan - http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...er/429738.html

Just made his debut for Sri Lanka against Australia.

Comment

David Lloyd of Glamorgan should be an all-rounder or at least better at bowling. He bowled regularly last year (though has bowled much less this year), but has almost no 2nd team wickets in game which suggest a poor bowling rating.

George Garton has played regularly for Sussex this year and recently represented England Lions and did decently. In game he almost never plays a game for Sussex.
                      Last edited by Alrounder80; 07-30-2016, 11:35 PM. Reason: More database change suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro View Post
                        Lakshan Sandakan - http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...er/429738.html

Just made his debut for Sri Lanka against Australia.
                        Yes and he's made a great start! He is in the database though as Lakshan Rangika.

Kusal Mendis made 176 yesterday - about 120 more than the next highest score in the game. He probably needs to be tweaked in the database to show this fabulous potential...(in my international saves he hasn't played yet for SL...)

Comment

Another new one for Glamorgan, made a very interesting debut today!

Read about Lukas Carey cricket player from England profile, stats, rankings, records, videos, photos at ESPNcricinfo

Comment

Andy Carter has been released from Derbyshire (28/7) and has now joined Hampshire until the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                              Leicestershire

Irfan Karim needs removing hes not even a player at the club.
                              Cameron Delport is not a T20 only player he is here on a visa that doesn't count him as overseas. Strange that he is classed as T20 overseas when it says I have 3 of 2 overseas for T20
                              Richard Jones is with Leicestershire until the end of the season so he's got to be with Leicestershire from Warwickshire!
                              I see Richard Jones now has a permanent deal. Will change.

Irfan Karim was mentioned by another user in the last database thread.

He's played for the 2nd XI a few times in June and July.

Comment

Working...
                              X