Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pumping money in the youth team effective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumping money in the youth team effective?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a significant increase in the youth players you get if you put say 50,000 into the youth team as opposed to 30,000? I'm thinking of doing this in my Worcs save so I don't have to rely so heavily on buying players in.

Many thanks.

No idea, as I usually put the least amount into youth, preferring to concentrate on coaching and physio and having extra money to purchase new players with.
    You can usually pick up some good youth players at the start of each season anyway.

Will be interested to hear the alternative view though.

Comment

I haven't invested myself into a county save for a couple of years now but I unearthed a couple of elite players (talking 50+ FC averages) in my first three seasons of my Lancashire save. There's a great deal of luck involved, in terms of getting what you need but it does work in my experience.

Comment

My budget is usually first spent on signing players followed by coaching, youth and then physio. Increasing youth funding increases the chance of getting better youth players, but doesn't mean that you will.

I do think that it is possible to just focus on youth and coaching and not sign any players that have not some through the clubs youth system similar to what Kent are doing currently. This would most likely take some time to build a side as Ive only ever seen a max of 2 players come through, but think Ive seen AI team rarely having 3 players.

Doing something like this would be an interesting challenge.

Comment

In my experience, yes it does increase the chance of getting one or more brilliant players (no guarantees though, as previously mentioned). Or it may also give you more decent players, I once had 6 youth players, who all went on to average over 40 with bat/under 25 with ball

Comment

Thanks for the replies I've had one guy come through who averages 50 in both FC and List A (plus about 42 in T20) so I was just wondering if increasing it gives me more players like him. I'll definitely give it a go! Trouble is he already plays for England so I hardly get to use him now!

Comment

Working...
            X