Regen players improvement question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regen players improvement question!

Do the regen players improvements at a different rates ( i-e some reaching their potential early and some late ) apparent to the eye now ? cuz in the previous versions that feature is hardly noticeable

BTW this is my sole deciding factor in purchasing ICC2k15.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
      Do the regen players improvements at a different rates ( i-e some reaching their potential early and some late ) apparent to the eye now ? cuz in the previous versions that feature is hardly noticeable
      Some turn out to be flops, some turn out to be stars.
      Best to go for proven players if you can, but for youth players, a second team batting average of 55+ or a bowling average of 19 or less should give you a decent player.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
        Some turn out to be flops, some turn out to be stars.
        Best to go for proven players if you can, but for youth players, a second team batting average of 55+ or a bowling average of 19 or less should give you a decent player.

Thats what annoyed me in the past that batter avg 55+ in 2nd team will always turn in to a good or great player and same for the bowlers with 2nd team averages in the teens , the thing is some times players develop quiet late a 20 y/o batter with 2nd team avg in the late 20s should have the potential to develop in to 40 odd FC avg player if he is from those set of players who develop quiet late and vice versa i-e a 60 odd second team avg player could turn out to be a total dud after couple of amazing county season , (eg Adil Rashid started with a bang but then just fade away) these sorts of ups and downs arent there in cricket captain of past , so has these changed now?

Comment

I never looked at the players with 2nd team avgs in late 20s (both batsmen and bowlers) because I know they are crap and will remain always , skills ups and downs are must.
          Can it be done via patch?

Comment

I made a patch for icc2k13 which at the start of every season randomly add/deduct roughly up to 15% skill points to both batting and bowling skills of every players in the game , it was quiet an amazing experience but it was totally random . I am sure developer can base these skill gains/losses to player performances during last season. It will make ups and downs more enjoyable as even the mediocre players will have the chance to become great through consistent performances.

Comment

Trying to find a suitable regens thread, so as not to unnecessarily start a new one - hope you don't mind me posting here.

I was just wondering whether the game adjusts for the fact that there are 18 county teams producing roughly 36 regens each season, while there are only 6 Aussie sides, producing about 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                Trying to find a suitable regens thread, so as not to unnecessarily start a new one - hope you don't mind me posting here.

I was just wondering whether the game adjusts for the fact that there are 18 county teams producing roughly 36 regens each season, while there are only 6 Aussie sides, producing about 12?
                Sadly I think not. Basically I was doing a South African career and I had an editor and after checking that every English player's batting stats were insanely good (8 or 9 compared to Ab and Amla's 6 and 7s) I think it doesnt take that stuff into account...

Comment

Hi Mark, I don't know what those numbers mean, as I don't use any unofficial editor.

I was referring to regens specifically though. One might expect England (with 3 times as many teams) to be 3 times more likely to produce a World Class regen than Australia. I was wondering whether the game mitigates this, given that Aus and England probably produce similar numbers of world class players in real life?
                  Last edited by Graham_5000; 01-24-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000
                    One might expect England (with 3 times as many teams) to be 3 times more likely to produce a World Class regen than Australia. I was wondering whether the game mitigates this, given that Aus and England probably produce similar numbers of world class players in real life?
                    I feel you are right. I see more players being generated in India & England. We see 6-7 new 60+ batsmen in England every year and maybe only two in Aus. Sometimes only 1 player is generated from a county club.

Comment

I do feel that new stars should come from anywhere, not just the top few nations.

Comment

I am not good at judging young batsmen... I usually select those with an impressive second team career average or last year/last year 1+ best second team batting average...

But when it comes to bowling talents, I select those with the top economy rates in the second team T20 career... Such type of bowlers have always been successful for me in the international arena... I have two bowlers who are number 1 and 2 in the economy rates list in second team T20s... Both are legends for me... Averaging under 23 in Tests with the ball with 250+ wickets... The other two below them are also averaging under 25 in Tests but they have played few matches so far but can take over after... Just give it a try....

Comment

Working...
                        X