Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't read any of what's been said before but here's what I think (only English Domestic Circuit):

Key = UBa (underrated bat) UB (underrated bowler)

Stephen Parry (Lancashire) - Severely UB. After 2 seasons in one save, he's not played a single game for Lancashire. He's played for England in both t20s and ODIs irl.

Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire) - Slightly UBa. Performs well in the domestic circuit, but doesn't get any games for England in T20s (as well as ODIs).

Paul Stirling (Middlesex)- Slightly UB. Although he's not bowling for his county anymore, he's used very frequently for Ireland. In game, he's terrible with the ball and never used by Ireland.

Max Waller (Somerset) - Slightly UB. Not played once in the 2 seasons I've played. Should at least be turning out for the odd game, I'd say...

Will Owen (Glamorgan) - UB. Not played once in 2 seasons I've played, irl he's been fairly regular in Glam's t20 squad and turned out in the odd FC and OD games.

Angus Robson (Leicestershire) - Very UBa. Very infrequent selection for county. irl he's become a regular in FC matches and looks very promising.

Will Beer (Sussex) - Slightly UB. Not used once in game. Frequent selection irl in the one day stuff.

Ben Harmison (Kent) - Very UBa and Slightly UB. Only used 3 times across all formats in 2 seasons. Irl, he's essentially a regular in OD and FC (not sure about T20s). Bats at 3, and bowls a few overs. Definitely needs boosting in both departments.

Alex Wakely (Northamptonshire) - Very UBa. Played 4 FC matches in game in 2 seasons. Regular in all formats irl and even captains the OD and T20 sides!?

Azeem Rafiq (Yorkshire) - Slightly UB. Only 3 T20 games in 2 seasons. Irl he's a very good, economical T20 bowler.

Oliver Hannon-Dalby (Warwickshire) - Very UB. Not used once in game. Irl, he's been a revelation this season. Used in all formats now (and btw, was probably one of the main reason for his county's T20 final victory over Lancs).

Matt Dunn (Surrey) - Very UB. Whenever I've used him, he's been very average. Irl, he's played 7 T20 games this season and averages somewhere below 17. Also has started to do well in FC games (match figures of 6-84 in an FC game against NZ A). Also should be changed to fast, he bowls high 90+mph nowadays (from what I've seen on Sky Sports coverage).

Fabian Cowdrey (Kent) - Very UBa and very UB. Not used once in game and doesn't even bowl in 2nd XI games. Irl, a regular in OD and T20s this season a in EVERY game he's played for Kent. Very solid average of 40 with the bat in ODs as well.

Matt Machan (Sussex) - Very UBa. Not used once for county. Irl, regular OD player but has been going on a lean patch in T20s and FC matches. Still a very promising player that deserves a big upgrade.

Matt Hobden (Sussex) - Slightly UB. Not used once for county. Irl, very talented and slowly breaking started to get the odd game for Sussex.

Ateeq Javid (Warwickshire) - Very UBa and very UB. Only used once in 2 seasons in game. I was very surprised to find that he's only a batsman in game. Irl, he's a regular in OD and T20s and has only this season not played much FC games. He bowls every game. In T20s especially, I'd say he's more of a bowler than a batsmen. He NEEDs to be boosted and changed to an all-rounder.

Greg Smith (Essex) - UBa and slightly UB. Hardly used in game and not ever used as a bowler in 2nd XI games. Regular in OD and T20s for county irl. Considering he's also got near 300 professional wickets, he should at least be bowling for the 2nd team!

Andrew Salter (Glamorgan) - UB. Not used in game. Plays frequent OD and T20s irl.

Jordan Clark (Lancashire) - Slightly U in both departments. Not picked once in game. Irl, plays frequent OD and T20s.

Will Portefield (Warwickshire) - VERY UBa. Not picked once in game for county. Irl, he's a regular in all formats for county and country. This is definitely a massive mistake in ICC2014.

Harry Finch (Sussex) - Slightly UBa. Not picked once in game. Irl, fairly promising player. Not done much noteworthy so far in career, but did score a very quick 92* against Glam recently and is a regular England Under 19s player.

Sam Hain (Warwickshire) - Very UBa. Not used once in game. Irl, turned himself into a regular in FC matches this year at just 19 years of age. Good average of 43, and that's not including his 148* today which is still ongoing.
    Last edited by Alrounder80; 09-11-2014, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Moeen Ali's bowling needs to be improved

Comment

J Kallis is listed within the Kolkata squad but can't be selected as he is retired from 20/20 so can he be removed maybe just from this team? Or maybe just from all overseas player lists entirely

Just simmed an entire IPL season and saw a few things
        - Yusuf Pathan, Yuvraj Singh, Glenn Maxwell played in every game but did not bowl a ball.
        - Murali Muralitharan and Ishant Sharma did not play a single game. They might have been injured but should they start - Ishant particularly.

Also I got to the contracts section and ended up with 19 players and only £200K left
        I couldn't buy anyone as the board kept advising that I was bidding too much on a single player - fine with that.
        I exited the auction knowing that the board would fill the squad as per normal but what I saw surprised me once I viewed the squad

Firstly the 3 additional players had a combined cost of £350K, secondly they were offered more than 1 year deals .... So I am stuck with them for 2 or even 3 years .... Or I have to pay off half their contract to get shot earlier.

Bit odd
        Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 09-14-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post

Will Beer (Sussex) - Slightly UB. Not used once in game. Frequent selection irl in the one day stuff.

Matt Machan (Sussex) - Very UBa. Not used once for county. Irl, regular OD player but has been going on a lean patch in T20s and FC matches. Still a very promising player that deserves a big upgrade.

Matt Hobden (Sussex) - Slightly UB. Not used once for county. Irl, very talented and slowly breaking started to get the odd game for Sussex.

Harry Finch (Sussex) - Slightly UBa. Not picked once in game. Irl, fairly promising player. Not done much noteworthy so far in career, but did score a very quick 92* against Glam recently and is a regular England Under 19s player.
          Just to add to these, I'd say Harry Finch has this year turned more into a straight batsman, and could definitely do with a boost in that regard. Will Beer could also do with an improvement to his batting, as that looks like an area he's worked on a lot this year, with a couple of scores digging us out of holes.

As a more general statement, it's true that most young, promising players in real life are underrated in the game, as obviously ratings are based on stats and these players either have none or have been burdened with poor stats in their first few matches that will improve throughout their careers. It might be worth chucking something into the mix to give young players a bit of a boost, to the level of useable regens, with that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
            Just to add to these, I'd say Harry Finch has this year turned more into a straight batsman, and could definitely do with a boost in that regard. Will Beer could also do with an improvement to his batting, as that looks like an area he's worked on a lot this year, with a couple of scores digging us out of holes.

As a more general statement, it's true that most young, promising players in real life are underrated in the game, as obviously ratings are based on stats and these players either have none or have been burdened with poor stats in their first few matches that will improve throughout their careers. It might be worth chucking something into the mix to give young players a bit of a boost, to the level of useable regens, with that in mind.
            And then you see regens getting picked up mid-season by counties and immediately breaking into the side, pushing aside veteran county cricketers!

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
              And then you see regens getting picked up mid-season by counties and immediately breaking into the side, pushing aside veteran county cricketers!
              Well exactly... I think the issue is that the effect of improvement with age (if there even is one) is too small, so your regen 18 year old can come through the youth academy being better than your existing batting line up. Would be nice to see a sort of gradual improvement (like the decline with old age) for players until maybe 25, in addition to whatever technique coaching is employed, so regens (and the players who start the game young) can grow to their full potential in time.

Comment

Working...
              X