This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.09 database thread

As usual, please update through Steam. The new database will only come in to affect on new saves.

A few changes made after we finalised from the old thread, so I'll copy those here:

"I love taking on the West Indies and trying to see them back to dominance and really looked forward to replacing Shiv Chanderpaul with Tagernarine Chanderpaul when Shiv retired, he doesn't appear to be on the game despite having already played 9 FC games. Is this a unlucky oversight or is there a reason?"

"I believe that Jeetan Patel is a little under-rated. He's barely played by Warwickshire when the AI controls them, when IRL he's one of their best bowlers.
    Also, Glenn Querl is definitely over-rated. He ripped apart the Zimbabwe domestic scene, but he's definitely not at the level where he'd easily average sub-30 with the ball in test cricket which he seems to do in the game. Though, perhaps Zimbabwe need all the help they can get! :P
    Tymal Mills is a bit under-rated. He's not the finished article, but he's definitely good enough for the AI to actually select him to play for Essex.
    Tom Craddock is definitely over-rated.
    Adam Riley is under-rated. One of the brightest spin prospects in England at the moment.
    Stephen Parry is very under-rated. Should definitely be picked consistently for Lancashire's limited overs teams at least considering he's played for England recently.
    Tillakaratne Dilshan is down as being a wicket-keeper in the game when he should be a pure batsman who with a good part-time bowling stat, or possibly even a batting all-rounder, at least in one-day cricket he bowls a reasonable amount.
    Craig Overton is under-rated. One of England's brightest all-round prospects.
    Craig Meschede possibly a little over-rated in comparison.
    Harry Gurney definitely under-rated, especially in one-day cricket.
    Zafar Ansari appears to be rather under-rated too. He's been excellent with the bat in the CC this season and not too shabby with the ball either.

EDIT: Also Nathan Lyon is very much under-rated. Should be picked for Australia most of the time but doesn't seem to be."

"Jos buttler is quite underrated compared to how he's doing in real life as well"

"Aaron Finch is so underrated in the game. Never does well for me in my Aus career and doesn't get picked in the Aus AI teams. Look at how well he's doing irl!?!"

As much information as in the above reports, will help us out massively.

Not many changes from the last thread that I didn't change, from what I recall:

I didn't change Whitely to an all-rounder, he just doesn't seem to bowl that much?
    Ollie Robinson - This is difficult and has been requested a lot. I've kept him at Yorkshire because he started the season there, I know he was sacked and is possibly moving elsewhere, but generally we try and make the game database accurate as of the game start date (particularly in English domestic), particularly with player movement.

why are Mitchell Starc, Chris Jordan and Mitchell Johnson still all rounders??? this is highly annoying, they're bowlers who can bat. i would classify James Faulkner and Chris Woakes as all rounders. why is every bowler who can bat a bit made an all rounder. Put it like this would Mitchell Starc, Chris Jordan or Mitchell Johnson ever bat 6-7 in a test match.. Never! Would Chris Woakes or James Faulkner bat at 6-7 in a test match maybe.

Comment

Has Tagernarine Chanderpaul been added to the game or not? Can't find him.

Comment

For Zimbabwe, John Nyumbu and Prosper Utseya are rather under-rated.
        David Miller of South Africa should be Very Aggressive as opposed to the neutral he is now.
        JP Duminy should be neutral, not defensive. He's very aggressive in t20 cricket.

Comment

Sam Billings should surely be down as Aggressive or even Very Aggressive - he's got a SR of 160 in the Royal London Cup and is pretty much single-handedly dragging Kent through!

Also David Griffiths got a game last night and he bowls 85mph so he should probably be down as a RMF in the game (faster than RFM - not that I want to open that can of worms particularly!)

Also I've noticed that on the personal details tab of player profiles, if you cycle through your squad using the right/left arrow buttons, as soon as you hit a player with "Opens in T20" on the 5th line of their details, that line stays there as you cycle through the rest of the squad. I only noticed it as it had Bollinger down as an opener which I thought was odd! It's fine if you just go straight to that player (the line isn't there) but just a bit annoying.
          Last edited by KentLad; 08-30-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
            Has Tagernarine Chanderpaul been added to the game or not? Can't find him.
            No, as per the opening post, the 14.09 database was submitted before that post. He'll be sorted in the next patch.

Issue with Opening player info in personal has been noted.

Comment

When will edit players name be added ?

Comment

Tino Mawoyo: Is definitely not an aggressive batsmen! Should be defensive at least!

Sikandar Raza: Very underrated, should be able to average 20-30 not barely getting over 10.

Sean Williams+ Malcolm Waller: Both should be all-rounders.

Comment

Saeed Ajmal is highly under rated, doesn't even get picked when playing against pakistan.

Comment

Paul Stirling should be an opening batsman all-rounder (like Shane Watson is and Dilshan should be) in limited overs cricket and is very under-rated with the ball. The AI uses William Porterfield ahead of him with the ball for Ireland which is highly unrealistic, Porterfield is not really a bowler.
                    Speaking of Porterfield, Ireland utilises him at number 9, and as a bowler (though he is listed as a batsman), definitely needs to be a bit more highly rated with the bat, and a lot less with the ball.
                    Fawad Alam bats in the middle order for Pakistan in limited overs cricket, perhaps a change to that from his current status as opener in all formats is a good idea?
                    For Australia Joe Mennie is way over-rated. He's definitely not near the Australian team and players like Kane Richardson and Chadd Sayers should be rated more highly, Richardson especially in one-day cricket.
                    David Hussey over-rated, he's not been that great recently so really shouldn't be picked by Australia much if at all. George Bailey should probably be rated more highly than Hussey, Bailey's been pretty awesome in one-day cricket recently.
                    For West Indies, Kieron Pollard should be an all-rounder. He's not bowled too much recently because of struggling with injury I believe. He's still a decent medium-pacer.
                    Xavier Marshall over-rated. He's done practically nothing recently, definitely shouldn't be playing for WI considering he hasn't played domestic cricket for over a year.
                    Raymon Reifer over-rated I think, he doesn't seem super close to the WI team and despite being down as an opening all-rounder the AI plays them at 9. Ravi Rampaul probably a bit under-rated.
                    Steven Magoffin perhaps a bit over-rated. Don't see him in Australia's world cup plans personally. :P
                    James Harris of England a bit over-rated I think. He's been pretty awful for Middlesex recently.
                    Akshar Patel of India a bit over-rated I think.
                    Dilruwan Perera of Sri Lanka a bit under-rated.
                    Mohammad Shahzada of Bangladesh over-rated, they haven't done anything in Bangladesh domestic cricket recently, somebody like Al-Amin Hossain should probably be a bit more highly rated.
                    Sohag Gazi and Taijul Islam under-rated, should probably be a bit better rated than Enamul Haque or Elias Sunny are. In fact, not even sure if Taijul Islam is in the game? Can't seem to find him, but he's currently in West Indies with Bangladesh's test squad.
                    Zimbabwe seem pretty focussed on using a 5-man pace attack in ODIs even though IRL they normally have at least one spinner. Prosper Utseya and/or John Nyumbu should probably be more higher rated, and Sean Williams is becoming a pretty decent spinner too.
                    For Pakistan Rehan Afridi seems a bit over-rated, whilst Sarfraz Ahmed could be rated a bit more highly.
                    Saeed Ajmal is one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment, should definitely be rated more highly.

Oops, this post got a bit long... Hopefully it's helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                      Saeed Ajmal is one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment, should definitely be rated more highly.
                      Saeed Ajmal is highly under rated, doesn't even get picked when playing against pakistan.
                      I agree with this, he barely makes the Worcs team when I play them and most of the time doesn't do great. (But soon, if you follow my Essex story, all that changes!)

Comment

Joe root is a bit underrated as he performed very well for England all summer but only averages low 30's for me

Comment

I miss Marcus North - can he please come out of International retirement for T20 and ODI

Adam Voges should be aggressive IMO

Comment

Why does David Hussey get picked over George Bailey?
                            George Bailey is underrated, he never gets picked for Australia.

Comment

Why does David Hussey get picked over George Bailey?
                              George Bailey is underrated, he never gets picked for Australia.
                              Plus he should be aggressive no?

Comment

Working...
                              X