No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2023 - Fans wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a rather simple wish list. I really hope the developers of the game are reading. Anyway to write to them directly, lol?

1. Continue to have regens from Ireland, Scotland. Hungary, Italy, South Africa (Kolpak) who can play for your English Team without being counted as Foreign. For some reason this stops after current players retire. There is added allure to have players like these on your team. I always look forward to signing them

2. Add some Asian names to Regens coming out of England - if we have players like Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Samit Patel now - why not have more regens with similar names? This will make Asian fans feel more included!!

3. A way to deactivate the Hundered for those not interested, this way we have a full-strength squad for challenger trophy.

The 3rd might be wishful thinking but the first 2 are totally doable and I don't see why they stop at some point in the game once these players retire!

Comment

Originally posted by CricCapFan View Post
      1. Continue to have regens from Ireland, Scotland. Hungary, Italy, South Africa (Kolpak) who can play for your English Team without being counted as Foreign. For some reason this stops after current players retire. There is added allure to have players like these on your team. I always look forward to signing them
      EU/Kolpak players in County Cricket are no longer considered local players as they have previously been (pre-Brexit). The current rule for the current 2023 season is teams are allowed four available international signings, with two playing at a time. I believe unless a player has UK citizenship or permanent residency, they'd be classified as an international player. As far as CC is concerned, I don't think we should see any (k) players or EU players joining as regens.

Comment

It's long overdue for a Irish & Zimbabwean domestic, and as there's not a lot of money in their systems, it would mean the game could have realistic cheap overseas players as well a few associates as overseas (Zimbabwe had the Botswana captain play the Logan Cup last season & Ireland have a few Danish and German players playing in club cricket whilst two Italian players in Jamie Grassi and Nikolai Smith have played the interpros before)

Women incorporated into CC and if it's a a struggle to get the women into the game without messing up the flow then a standalone Cricket Captain Women would be brilliant.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet and I just missed it, but I always find it rather annoying when you've got to play a game at the very start of a season (especially if an international) and all your players are at half fitness against a side that is seemingly at full fitness. It's just so frustrating to me.

I find that regens are still quite overpowered, replacing players who are regulars in their sides in real life whilst a lot of youngsters are still underrated (and a lot often don't develop at all) and not getting the opportunities due to regens.

It would also be great to have an option to turn off the contract window for the winter seasons in Australia, New Zealand etc etc as you often get players who are on one year contracts (example being Peter Siddle) or a BBL overseas player moving clubs or being without one (as has often happened to poor old Sean Abbott). It would be great if it could be like the English contract system at the start of the game where no one gets released, although I would like an option to switch off new signings for all clubs as well as your own at the start as well.

Comment

PSL and CPL schedule should be updated for CC 2023. Real life schedule should be added.

BBL may return to 10 games per team season, you can add real life bbl 2017/18 schedule, don't add 14 games per team season, 10 games are more interesting don't miss on that.

Some times a Regen player pick by a T20 franchise team and play very well but never gets a contract by a domestic team.

Lack of regens spinner's in west indies, Australia, New Zealand is a concern in the game, more spinner's should be part of the playing team.

Those who play well in PM 11 games should get a contract from domistic teams.

​​​​​​West indies players must chose CPL ahead of The 100 league in the game, currently west indies players remains unavailable due to 100 league in the game.

When a batsman gets out there should be runs and balls should be in bracket, front of the Name like 100(80)

​​​​​​at least 3 days break between test matches during a series

Domistic cricket for all test playing nations.

There should be no floodlights in Zimbabwe cricket grounds.

every country domistic scores should be in lastest scores.
          spinner opening the bowling in tests in countries like Bangladesh and India when the wicket is spinning.
          Squad of 15 for home test for Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, this is what happens mostly IRL.

Players names who are not in playing 11 should be added to scorecards just below fall of wickets, for every international match.

Ability to sign any Player for T20 league team, IPL, PSL, BPL, CPL, SA20, BBL that could make the game more interesting, Note India players should not be allowed for overseas T20 leagues.

Last edited by Cricket204; 04-25-2023, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post

EU/Kolpak players in County Cricket are no longer considered local players as they have previously been (pre-Brexit). The current rule for the current 2023 season is teams are allowed four available international signings, with two playing at a time. I believe unless a player has UK citizenship or permanent residency, they'd be classified as an international player. As far as CC is concerned, I don't think we should see any (k) players or EU players joining as regens.
            Whilst Kolpak status is no longer recognised post Brecot anyone with an EU passport can play as non-overseas. Hence the likes of Leus du Plooy with his Hungarian passport still non-overseas but someone like Simon Harmer who was previously excluded from the overseas rule now counting as an overseas player for Essex.

Agree though that EU regens wouldn't add much to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

Whilst Kolpak status is no longer recognised post Brecot anyone with an EU passport can play as non-overseas. Hence the likes of Leus du Plooy with his Hungarian passport still non-overseas but someone like Simon Harmer who was previously excluded from the overseas rule now counting as an overseas player for Essex.

Agree though that EU regens wouldn't add much to the game.
              Thanks for clarification!

Comment

Some tweaking to the availability of players when you're signing them would be great. I signed a player recently to my Canterbury save for the T20 league only, with him apparently having 100% availability over the season. He played two games before going to the Australian T20 league and won't play again this season as the Big Bash overlaps with the NZ Super Smash. I wouldn't have signed him if I'd known he was only going to be available for two games.

Comment

I would like to see the test teams head-to-head win/loss chart implemented. It would be great to see Zimbabwe with a win in the versus Australia column. Also, I know I say it every year, but console release would be great.

Comment

As a fan of Cricket in the 1960`s, 70`s & 80`s, I would like to see more ATG`s added, perhaps players who toured, but were never selected for a Test match. I would also like to see the of players who drop catches, and those credited with a run out.

Comment

Some great idea's already included. I understand that the Cricket Captain is dropping in June so probably not enough time to get some things i'd like:

Quality of life Changes:
                      • Comprehensive filtering during contracts. Being able to filter age, averages or cost of player would be very handy
                      • Auto complete remainder of game.
                      • Leadership/Captaincy attributes.
                      Training Changes:
                      • Training: I'd like a bit more information on training to create more iteraction. At the moment 100% of online content creators i've seen have all just put on "additional bowling/batting practice" and openly say that the other options have little to no impact and advise not to bother. Understanding how training will impact a player without giving away increases,player thresholds will enable a gamer to want to develop players if they see change. Assuming this is all based on back end tables; Communicating those table headers (Power, endurance, technique, batting, new ball confidence etc) and how training impacts them (at a high level) wouldn't break the game but rather enhance it by giving the gamer hope/trust that training is actually doing something.
                      Last edited by magnum; 05-09-2023, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Any idea release date wise Sureshot?

Comment

Originally posted by IGetOutToFullTosses View Post
                          Any idea release date wise Sureshot?
                          Aiming for 15 June according to Twitter page.

Comment

Originally posted by Don73 View Post

Aiming for 15 June according to Twitter page.
                            Good to hear, any idea if this is across all platforms or just steam.

Comment

Instead of the Classic Series why not a Historical England campaign? At present the CS has a 1% or less achievement rate. I'm sure CC has enough data in their records to do at least an England at Home campaign from about 1995 on. Might be worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X