Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Numbers of overs bowled by 5th bowler in Tests/FC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers of overs bowled by 5th bowler in Tests/FC?

Can you increase the number of overs bowled by 5th bowler to be equal to at least (90%) of 3rd or 4th bowler when simming the games? It will solve the ludicrious amount of wickets per match of front line bowlers (specially spinners) and also solve the Test Allrounder problem. Can you do that in the next patch alongside imbalanced allrounder generation?

Test cricket is changing considerably and every team uses 5th bowler who can bowl good.

Things will look good this way
    Bowler 1 = 25 overs
    Bowler 2 = 22 Overs
    Bowler 3 = 17 overs
    Bowler 4 (Spinner) 35 overs
    Bowler 5 = 15 overs

Comment

Currently it is
      Bowler 1 = 25 overs
      Bowler 2 = 28 Overs
      Bowler 3 = 27 overs
      Bowler 4 (Spinner) 45 overs
      Bowler 5 = 5 overs

Comment

I had a quick look through the first 22 tests of the current WTC cycle and took the averages of how many overs each 'category' of bowler bowled.

Average overs per innings:
        Pace 1: 17.10
        Pace 2: 16.36
        Pace 3: 16.30
        Pace 4*: 15.00
        Spin 1: 19.77
        Spin 2*: 18.88
        Pace AR: 12.53
        Spin AR: 17.75
        Part timer: 5.77

Averages are probably lower overall due to including a few shorter fourth innings but the ratio would be similar.
        A fourth frontline pace bowler (eg India's attack against England) bowled in about 1 in 5 innings. They were selected most often in pace friendly conditions such as England and South Africa.
        A second frontline spin bowler also bowled in 1 in 5 innings. They bowled in spin-friendly conditions such as India and Sri Lanka.
        I believe only one match had no all rounders bowl at all (NZ vs BAN Test 1).

I can narrow down by team if anyone is interested, since some teams often play multiple allrounders compared to teams like Australia who rely predominately on their main four bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Saadbukhari87 View Post
          Can you increase the number of overs bowled by 5th bowler to be equal to at least (90%) of 3rd or 4th bowler when simming the games? It will solve the ludicrious amount of wickets per match of front line bowlers (specially spinners) and also solve the Test Allrounder problem. Can you do that in the next patch alongside imbalanced allrounder generation?
          I've complained about this for a few years now. Often the AI will bowl a part-timer in place of the second spinner or third pace bowler. A neighbour who has done some programming suggested the AI has a problem with odd numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevfromsussex&Oz View Post

I've complained about this for a few years now. Often the AI will bowl a part-timer in place of the second spinner or third pace bowler. A neighbour who has done some programming suggested the AI has a problem with odd numbers.
            Yes, this problem persists since 2016 version. While using the unofficial editor, I have found some relief. For example, when it comes to Bangladesh, if I change Mushfiqur Rahim to OS instead of RM, then he never bowls, the main spinners take over after the two seamers. Only for these small tweaks do we need an editor Sureshot and Chris Child

Comment

Working...
            X