AI:Captaincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI:Captaincy

As the name of the franchise is Cricket Captain, the game deserves a dynamic approach from AI captains. Yesterday I watched the ODI match between West Indies and Bangladesh where Tamim Iqbal was impressive with his tactical decisions. He manoeuvred his bowlers to complete the rain-affected 41 overs by the use of 17 spells! This kind of dynamism is what makes a cricket match unique and interesting. Therefore, consider evolving the AI in that direction in upcoming patches and iterations.

One thing I've really noticed over the years with CC is a lot of rather cruel declarations, leaving some poor guy stranded on 90 odd not out!

There's also something in the game where the AI will always use a part-time seamer before one of the main spin bowlers. I.e. Kohli and Rahane will bowl a 2 over spell each before Jadeja and Ashwin.

Comment

Originally posted by Don73 View Post
      One thing I've really noticed over the years with CC is a lot of rather cruel declarations, leaving some poor guy stranded on 90 odd not out!

There's also something in the game where the AI will always use a part-time seamer before one of the main spin bowlers. I.e. Kohli and Rahane will bowl a 2 over spell each before Jadeja and Ashwin.
      This is bug since 2016 version which cannot be addressed. By default, AI will bowl medium pace till 17-18 overs in a Test or FC match. So if you don't have adequate options, then some random player will bowl an over or two if he's attributed as RM, RFM or RMF.

Comment

On a slightly different note it would be nice to know who the actual opposition captains are in teams!
        This can’t be too hard and has been requested for years.

Sure, we’re all pretty clued up as to who each international team captain is, but away from that and the England divs I haven’t got a clue.
        Maybe just an asterisk* or (c) in brackets would suffice?

This would add more depth and realism I’m sure. It would also leave a hint as to who the strongest opposition player is? Upon leaving/retiring the A/I should auto select the next captain, similar to it selecting all initial default 1st teams each season, then reassign the asterix* or (c).

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

This is bug since 2016 version which cannot be addressed. By default, AI will bowl medium pace till 17-18 overs in a Test or FC match. So if you don't have adequate options, then some random player will bowl an over or two if he's attributed as RM, RFM or RMF.
          That might explain why I always see keepers (or sometimes batsmen) being bowled by the AI. It's a real bugbear of mine.

Comment

Working...
          X