Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2020 Version 20.11 Released on Steam, iOS (20.61), Android (20.81) and Mac (20.31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Hello Nige, can I feedback that I think since this update that Very Defensive players score a touch too slowly for the human player in first class cricket. All other agression levels seem ok but I struggle to get a s/r above 40 for very defensive players.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_ View Post

A database update for specific keepers then, not affecting any newly generated keepers as a game progresses?
    No, won't affect new gen keepers in existing saves. It's a general change to all keepers, but more obvious with the Pope/Foakes example.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

This fix will only apply to new saves. This fixed an issue where some keepers were rated too highly, so Pope was keeping ahead of Foakes for Surrey.
    A database update for specific keepers then, not affecting any newly generated keepers as a game progresses?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_ View Post

Just to check, is this a database fix to the ability settings of wicket keepers that needs a fresh save to have effect or is it a match engine change to how wicket keepers perform that works with existing saves? What exactly was the fix?
    This fix will only apply to new saves. This fixed an issue where some keepers were rated too highly, so Pope was keeping ahead of Foakes for Surrey.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_
    replied
    - Fixed wicket keeper abilities

Sureshot
    Just to check, is this a database fix to the ability settings of wicket keepers that needs a fresh save to have effect or is it a match engine change to how wicket keepers perform that works with existing saves? What exactly was the fix?

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Since the patch very defensive batsmen score far too slowly, often down near a s/r of 30.

Leave a comment:

• Rumblah
    replied
    Something fundamentally wrong with T20's since the last update. AI batsman hit me for 25+ repeatedly during a match yet when it's my turn to bat, my five star in form openers allow back to back maidens on seven aggression.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon View Post

I'm guessing this is not going to be fixed then?
    I've had a discussion with Andy on this, I'm not sure there's a simple solution to it for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• Simon
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon View Post

The problem with the preset list of grounds is that some venues never get a international match. For example in New Zealand whichever grounds are the top 3 in that list they will always get the test matches with NZ not playing more than 3 tests in a series.

Same for all countries really, if a particular country is playing a 5 match series, whichever mode, then the first 5 on the list of grounds will get the matches. Whichever ground is 6 onwards on the list then they won't get a match.

Apart from certain exemptions such as England always playing a test at Lords and Australia playing at Melbourne for the Boxing Day test and Sydney for the New Year test etc then I think the list of grounds needs to be more random. Obviously England won't play a test at Bristol or Taunton but they play a ODI or T20I there though.
    I'm guessing this is not going to be fixed then?

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied

The 4th innings chase change in the last patch was for the AI only, won't affect human teams.
    Haha brilliant my team have just been rubbish then!

Cheers Nige.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
    Early days and I haven't played enough to confirm this but I feel like since the patch in 4 day games when attempting to chase in the fourth innings I'm getting properly, properly skittled.

I've had 3 games in a row where we've been set a target in the mid 200s with 3 or 4 sessions to reach it on a reasonable pitch with reasonable weather and batsmen have struggled to get into double figures and we've been bowled out for scores in the low 100s.

Too early to say it's now too hard to chase as I may have just been unlucky but wonder how others are finding this?
    The 4th innings chase change in the last patch was for the AI only, won't affect human teams.

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Early days and I haven't played enough to confirm this but I feel like since the patch in 4 day games when attempting to chase in the fourth innings I'm getting properly, properly skittled.

I've had 3 games in a row where we've been set a target in the mid 200s with 3 or 4 sessions to reach it on a reasonable pitch with reasonable weather and batsmen have struggled to get into double figures and we've been bowled out for scores in the low 100s.

Too early to say it's now too hard to chase as I may have just been unlucky but wonder how others are finding this?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzyfizzle0 View Post
    Hi Sureshot, are you able to clarify something? At the end of the season when you get offers from other counties and it says 'Excellent' or 'Good' in the brackets after the team name, does this refer to squad strength? Or is it something different?
    Exactly that.

Leave a comment:

• jazzyfizzle0
    replied
    Hi Sureshot, are you able to clarify something? At the end of the season when you get offers from other counties and it says 'Excellent' or 'Good' in the brackets after the team name, does this refer to squad strength? Or is it something different?

Leave a comment:

• Rumblah
    replied
    Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
    Couple of things I'd like to raise, possibly more in the vein of future editions more than future updates I would imagine.

Customisation for stats. Especially for those of us with large screens, having to scroll through the form, combined, batting and bowling tabs to find very specific things can be annoying. Allowing us the ability to choose what we'd like to see all on the one screen would be nice.

Dynamic fixturing. What I mean by this is a fixture that is shaped in a more realistic manner. The Australian cricket Summer begins with Afghanistan at the GABBA, after a two Test series we play India again at the GABBA. As someone that likes to have a set order in terms of what pitches offer what, it's sometimes a little ordinary you're always starting at the same point. Boxing Day at the MCG and the new years Test at the SCG should be the focal points of the Test Summer, and maybe base it off the in-game rankings where the highest ranked opponent gets the bigger grounds available, and the rest of the pieces fall around that.

I did have a third point but it's left me, mustn't have been too important.
    Remembered my third thought. Would it be possible to implement a check box in the options menu for the domestic FC/ OD/ T20 stats? I honestly despise the extra numbers on profiles and to me it just feels annoying have to constantly triple check I'm looking at the right thing. Adding player numbers would be a great addition now too since they're now in all formats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X