Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2020 Version 20.11 Released on Steam, iOS (20.61), Android (20.81) and Mac (20.31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon View Post
    Does the update work on current games or just when a new game is started?
    Updates will always work with existing saves, the only thing that won't be changed with existing saves is database changes.

Leave a comment:

• Simon
    replied
    Does the update work on current games or just when a new game is started?

Leave a comment:

• Simon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lojoda View Post

The fixtures are currently defined by fxt files which are loaded at the start of a season and these run in a 20 year cycle then repeat. In an ideal world we could be able to edit an fxt file using an official editor, or better still have a built in “fixture meeting” where all 12 international teams make the fixture list. As in the player and AI. I don’t really know how it could work but maybe it could be similar to the domestic contracts screen. Some series like the ashes, as well as world cups could be preset though.
    In terms of grounds I think each country has a preset list of grounds that cycles. This list is on the record screen in grounds records. Each series follows the same cycle then goes back to the start of the list.
    The problem with the preset list of grounds is that some venues never get a international match. For example in New Zealand whichever grounds are the top 3 in that list they will always get the test matches with NZ not playing more than 3 tests in a series.

Same for all countries really, if a particular country is playing a 5 match series, whichever mode, then the first 5 on the list of grounds will get the matches. Whichever ground is 6 onwards on the list then they won't get a match.

Apart from certain exemptions such as England always playing a test at Lords and Australia playing at Melbourne for the Boxing Day test and Sydney for the New Year test etc then I think the list of grounds needs to be more random. Obviously England won't play a test at Bristol or Taunton but they play a ODI or T20I there though.

Leave a comment:

• Lojoda
    replied
    Originally posted by adil View Post

Or maybe we could have a negotiation option. We will be given a choice of either a 3 match odi and 2 match test series or a 5 match t20 and 3 match odi series. And as out ranking increase we get more time in the game calender there by increasing our fixtures when our minnow team becomes better
    Yes, maybe even something like broadcast deals could be incorporated. You could have different options for example at least 2 home tests and 3 home ODIs a season is available to every team, but if you rank 1 or 2 in tests you can get a better deal with more tests and a scale in between. Maybe the better the deal, the more coaching/physio slots are available? Just ideas but something like this would be great

Leave a comment:

• adil
    replied
    Originally posted by Lojoda View Post

The fixtures are currently defined by fxt files which are loaded at the start of a season and these run in a 20 year cycle then repeat. In an ideal world we could be able to edit an fxt file using an official editor, or better still have a built in “fixture meeting” where all 12 international teams make the fixture list. As in the player and AI. I don’t really know how it could work but maybe it could be similar to the domestic contracts screen. Some series like the ashes, as well as world cups could be preset though.
    In terms of grounds I think each country has a preset list of grounds that cycles. This list is on the record screen in grounds records. Each series follows the same cycle then goes back to the start of the list.
    Or maybe we could have a negotiation option. We will be given a choice of either a 3 match odi and 2 match test series or a 5 match t20 and 3 match odi series. And as out ranking increase we get more time in the game calender there by increasing our fixtures when our minnow team becomes better

Leave a comment:

• Lojoda
    replied
    Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
    Couple of things I'd like to raise, possibly more in the vein of future editions more than future updates I would imagine.

Customisation for stats. Especially for those of us with large screens, having to scroll through the form, combined, batting and bowling tabs to find very specific things can be annoying. Allowing us the ability to choose what we'd like to see all on the one screen would be nice.

Dynamic fixturing. What I mean by this is a fixture that is shaped in a more realistic manner. The Australian cricket Summer begins with Afghanistan at the GABBA, after a two Test series we play India again at the GABBA. As someone that likes to have a set order in terms of what pitches offer what, it's sometimes a little ordinary you're always starting at the same point. Boxing Day at the MCG and the new years Test at the SCG should be the focal points of the Test Summer, and maybe base it off the in-game rankings where the highest ranked opponent gets the bigger grounds available, and the rest of the pieces fall around that.

I did have a third point but it's left me, mustn't have been too important.

Leave a comment:

• Simon
    replied
    Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
    Couple of things I'd like to raise, possibly more in the vein of future editions more than future updates I would imagine.

Customisation for stats. Especially for those of us with large screens, having to scroll through the form, combined, batting and bowling tabs to find very specific things can be annoying. Allowing us the ability to choose what we'd like to see all on the one screen would be nice.

Dynamic fixturing. What I mean by this is a fixture that is shaped in a more realistic manner. The Australian cricket Summer begins with Afghanistan at the GABBA, after a two Test series we play India again at the GABBA. As someone that likes to have a set order in terms of what pitches offer what, it's sometimes a little ordinary you're always starting at the same point. Boxing Day at the MCG and the new years Test at the SCG should be the focal points of the Test Summer, and maybe base it off the in-game rankings where the highest ranked opponent gets the bigger grounds available, and the rest of the pieces fall around that.

Agree with you about the international fixtures, I have been on about this issue for ages.

Leave a comment:

• Rumblah
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

Hey Nige do you know when you'll next be looking at the database feedback in the database thread?
    Middle of next week.

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Thanks, I've made those changes for the next patch now.
    Hey Nige do you know when you'll next be looking at the database feedback in the database thread?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
    Hi Sureshot, re: R. Armitage, I was particularly looking at him as an opener, in his early career, I guess he then dropped to 3. For me, I would like to see him as an Opener/All Rounder. D.Insole, C.Poole, T.Dollery, A.Bruyns and R.Draper were all occasional Wicket Keepers. Many Thanks.
    Thanks, I've made those changes for the next patch now.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by ICC_Fan View Post
    Too many errors in online games after the update.
    There would have been some issues after immediate release on Android/Steam until about 8:20pm UK time whilst we were waiting for the server to update.

Leave a comment:

• Springbok 1970
    replied
    Hi Sureshot, re: R. Armitage, I was particularly looking at him as an opener, in his early career, I guess he then dropped to 3. For me, I would like to see him as an Opener/All Rounder. D.Insole, C.Poole, T.Dollery, A.Bruyns and R.Draper were all occasional Wicket Keepers. Many Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ICC_Fan
    replied
    Too many errors in online games after the update.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
    Hi Sureshot, I`m pleased to see the update, but it just needs a bit of a tweak re: the ATG`s. R.Armitage should be an Opener/All Rounder. D.Insole, T.Dollery,C.Poole & A.bruyns, should have their status changed from Bsm. to Bsm/WK. and R.Draper from Opener to Op/WK. Other than that, I`m a very happy chappy.
    Hi Springbok, just to confirm. Insole, Dollery, Poole, Bruyns and Draper should all be part-time keepers?

Armitage only opened in 37 FC innings, batted #3 68 times, his record opening was only an average of 16, against 30 at #3. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X