Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cde
    replied
    Played for quite a few versions and once I hit a formula have found T20 matches fairly straight forward, though once you get to the knock-out stages anything can happen.
    I only bat first if the pitch is dead flat, otherwise always choose to bowl first.
    I pitch the ball outside off on a good length and 2 bar aggression. I set a pitch stacked on the off side with, for the fast bowlers, just a silly short leg, mid-on and deep backward square leg. I put men in at a kind of 1 1/2 slip and a short point. The last season I played I bowled the opposion out for less than 100 4 times, between 100-130 7 times, 130-140 4 times, 156 and 178 were the higgest scores. I lost 3 matches, but not the I conceded 15+.
    I bat, as advised with 2 bars below max unless we need to kick on or the pitch is dead flat. It is hard to gauge what averge max score is because I am usually chasing a total, but it is almost always 140-160, around 200 if the pitch is dead but suddenly getting all out for 46 isn't unheard of too!
    This doesn't work with all batsmen or bowlers, so I tend to just pick those it does work with.
    It is always worth rembering conditions too, a pitch doing a bit for the quick bowers with overcast conditions and a good medium pace bowler for example can keep the run rate very low.

Leave a comment:

• jazzyfizzle0
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

I’ve got some one day fields to put more men on the boundary but I have no proof that it’s any more successful than using the default fields
    Yep that's pretty much what i do! But likewise it doesn't seem to impact my success rate, compared to when I just use custom fields

Leave a comment:

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzyfizzle0 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with custom field settings since they changed the match engine in CC2018?
    I’ve got some one day fields to put more men on the boundary but I have no proof that it’s any more successful than using the default fields

Leave a comment:

• jazzyfizzle0
    replied
    Has anyone had any luck with custom field settings since they changed the match engine in CC2018?

Leave a comment:

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    Originally posted by FineLegatron View Post
    Yeah, sometimes it can be a lottery. When it happens constantly though I feel your pain.

I heard wickets in hand was key, always, to shorter formats?
    Yup, letting batsmen settle and having wickets in hand means you can score very fast at end

Leave a comment:

• FineLegatron
    replied
    Yeah, sometimes it can be a lottery. When it happens constantly though I feel your pain.

I heard wickets in hand was key, always, to shorter formats?

Leave a comment:

• Dhruv
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyb View Post

Which is fine until your number 4 batsman is 2 off 10 balls with 2 below the maximum level...
    Then change the batsman

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    Originally posted by Dhruv View Post

Keep aggression bar 2 below the max level till a batsman scores 35-40 runs, then you can increase the aggression by 1 bar , and go max if he is well set till the last overs
    Which is fine until your number 4 batsman is 2 off 10 balls with 2 below the maximum level...

Leave a comment:

• Dhruv
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyb View Post
    Gave it another try but I just can't play t20 on this game. Too many inexplicable maiden overs when you're batting and the AI seemingly playing a different game when they are. There's nine batting aggression bars - is there any use at all for about seven of them? Surprised this isn't raised more as an issue as I had these problems with the game 3-4 years ago.
    Keep aggression bar 2 below the max level till a batsman scores 35-40 runs, then you can increase the aggression by 1 bar , and go max if he is well set till the last overs. You cannot just keep the bar full for a new batsman to the crease. If a batsman is struggling in scoring runs then you can increase his aggression.(if scoring <110 Sr with more than 20 balls)

Bowling - in powerplay keep 1 bar only in aggression, then decrease it after powerplay to 0(very defensive)

Leave a comment:

• Dhruv
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
    I'm having a mare with the 50 over game but t20s have been ok. Any tips for bowling in the one day games?
    Keep 1/2(max) bar aggressive field in the powerplay,then go all defensive with the field, you can raise 1 bar when a new batsman comes and till he's not set. Choose bowlers acc to conditions

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    I'm having a mare with the 50 over game but t20s have been ok. Any tips for bowling in the one day games?

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    Gave it another try but I just can't play t20 on this game. Too many inexplicable maiden overs when you're batting and the AI seemingly playing a different game when they are. There's nine batting aggression bars - is there any use at all for about seven of them? Surprised this isn't raised more as an issue as I had these problems with the game 3-4 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Dhruv
    replied
    I think they should increase amount of singles and doubles

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    I think this is a good post and I tend to agree.

There is definitely a lack of control over batting especially in regards to other formats. Full aggression is just an out button unless you get lucky so I find I'm just going two from the top then one from the top once settled or in the last few overs depending on remaining wickets with very little variation. Sometimes I score 200+, sometimes I score 115.

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied
    I think luck/chance/randomness have a bigger influence in the very short formats of the game, but this is also true in real life. If you battle it out for five days, it's just more likely that the luck will even out. 20 overs or 100 balls is so short that a few pieces of luck can significantly influence the outcome.

I mostly find the 20 over format fine. Occasionally, my opponents will have a bit of a collapse; occasionally I will (particularly against good bowlers with pitch/weather conditions that favour bowlers).

I find the T20 cup more difficult to win than the 4-day league, but I think all the AI teams do too (due to the greater randomness in this format).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X