WHO WE ARE
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) ('GDPR'), we are the data controller and you are the data processor.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect personal data about you as follows:
- When you place an order through our online shop, we will collect your personal data such as your name, your email address, your IP address, your telephone number and mobile number, and your billing address. We may collect personal data in relation to the payments you made to us via a third-party website (such as PayPal) in order to complete the checkout process and enable you to download the contents of your order.
- When you create an account on our site, we will collect personal data such as your name, your address, your email address and your password.
- When you contact us by filling in the form on our site, we may collect personal data such as your name, your email address, your phone number and the information you provide in the form.
- When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone), we may keep a record of that contact and the information you provide us with at the time
- When you provide a review of one of our products, we may collect personal data such as your nickname and the information you provide in the review.
- When you participate in the forum on our site, we may collect personal data such as your name, your IP address, your geolocation and your email address.
- When we engage you as a supplier to provide us with your goods and services, we may collect personal data from you (or the individuals working for you) such as your name, email address, phone number, fee quotes, details of payments we make to you, your bank details and other details of goods or services we have purchased from you.
- When you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we collect personal data such as your name, your email address and your country of residence.
- When you visit our site, we may collect data such as your IP address, the web pages you have visited and the time of your visits.
- If you submit a job application to
us, we will collect your contact details and any other information that
you provide in the application.
- When you play Cricket Captain 2019 or
later we send country, age and gender data to our partners to deliver
- When you play our online game, we store your nickname, password, and team names. We also temporarily store your IP addresses and messages in chat channels.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA OUR WEBSITES AND COOKIES
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect information about your website usage such as information about your equipment, browsing actions and pattern. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
Our website uses a limited number of cookies, namely:
- Cookies which simplify the use of our websites e-commerce facility;
- Cookies required by Google Analytics in order to measure your website usage and improve the experience for our visitors on an ongoing basis. These cookies collect the information about your website usage, namely what pages you visit, how long you stay on each section of the website and what links you click on; and
- to monitor and ensure the security of your transactions against any potential hacking attacks.
We may use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- To manage our relationship with you which will include: completing your purchase transactions, managing payments, fees and charges, , notifying you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased, notifying you about changes to our terms of service on the basis that we have a contractual obligation or legitimate interest in doing so;
- To administer and protect our business and the services we provide to you (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) on the basis that we have a contractual obligation or legitimate interest in doing so (for running the services you use, the provision of administration and IT services, network security and to prevent fraudulent actions against us or our customers)
- To advertise our products and
services to you, send you our catalogues and other offerings by email, to
identify your product and service preferences, so that we can improve our
merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience,
notify you of new or additional products, services and promotions that
might be of interest to you and measure the effectiveness of these
activities. We will do so on the basis that you have consented to us
processing your personal data in this way. You can always stop receiving
marketing information from us at any time as these communications provide
easy ways to unsubscribe.
- Age and gender information is stored on your local machine and sent to advertisers (along with country information gathered from your IP address) to deliver targeted adds to the in-game highlight advertising boards.
- To process job applications and CVs submitted to us on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so (to fill vacancies and to grow our business).
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may disclose your personal data with third-parties as follows:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example our auditors, our insurers and HMRC).
- With PURE360 for the purpose of sending you our marketing information, on the basis that you have consented to us using your personal data in this way.
- With Bidstack for the purpose of supplying adverts to the highlights engine. Your age and gender will only be sent to Bidstack with your consent by ticking the "Enable Targeted Ads" option. Your unique randomly-generated ID and IP Address is sent/taken either way. https://www.bidstack.com/privacy-policy/
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, the nature and sensitivity of your personal data, the potential harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve these purposes through.
The table below sets out further details:
Circumstances in which personal data was provided
How long do we keep it?
When you place an order through our online shop
When you create an account on our site
Until you delete it
When you contact us by filling in the form on our site
Until you ask to be removed or as part of our periodic data cleansing
When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone)
Until you ask to be removed or as part of our periodic data cleansing
When you provide a review of one of our products
Until you ask to be removed or as part of our periodic data cleansing
When you participate in the forum on our site
Until you unsubscribe from the forum
When we engage you to provide us with your goods and services
When you have consented to receive marketing information from us
Until you unsubscribe from our database
When you visit our site
If you submit a job application to us
When you comment on our internet game chat channels
Until removed as part of our periodic data cleansing
Sent as single messages for targeted
advertising and then discarded. A local copy of age and gender information is
stored on your machine for this purpose.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW IS IT KEPT SECURE?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Some of the information you provide to us will be transmitted electronically (e.g. information provided via our website or by email). We would remind you that information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect any information transmitted in this way, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
We have put in place appropriate measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information you provide to us is stored on our servers in the United Kingdom. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Websites: https://childishthings.com/shop/contact/
- Email: Please fill in the form on our website (http://childishthings.com/support.php)
- Post: Childish Things Limited, 2 Rathcoole Avenue, London, N8 9NA.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner about the way in which we collect and use your personal data: www.ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.