2013 Best Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Best Players

So, given that the new game is not long away, I thought it would be nice to make a collection of some of the best players to grace our games on this years version. Feel free to post your favourite/best players, and show the talent we unearthed during our games.
    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Obus Pienaar - always sign him as my overseas player for English county cricket as he's a great young LMF bowler who can bat to a very high standard as well.
    Also quote cheap if he appears in either the Aussie or Indian 20/20 games ..... Great value for money until his performances warrant a call up to the South African team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
      Obus Pienaar - always sign him as my overseas player for English county cricket as he's a great young LMF bowler who can bat to a very high standard as well.
      Also quote cheap if he appears in either the Aussie or Indian 20/20 games ..... Great value for money until his performances warrant a call up to the South African team.
      He caused me a few problems when I played him as England. When I get chance in the morning, I'll post a screenshot of my own LFM, probably the best bowler I've had on any edition of the game

Comment

yeah pienaar was a good batsmen at test level averaging around 40 with the bat but his bowling average was 50 and that was after 100 tests
        pujara, jadeja, root, Clarke, pattinson, finn, quinto de kock , amla, Hamish Rutherford were all quality players in my save

Comment

Originally posted by sasnoz View Post
          yeah pienaar was a good batsmen at test level averaging around 40 with the bat but his bowling average was 50 and that was after 100 tests
          pujara, jadeja, root, Clarke, pattinson, finn, quinto de kock , amla, Hamish Rutherford were all quality players in my save
          I never played as South Africa so he might just be an amazing county player who isn't quite there as an international player.

Comment

M. Sabir from Bangladesh. Averages 47 in Odi , 29 in t20i and 46 in tests.
            Very steady player especially in odi's.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
              He caused me a few problems when I played him as England. When I get chance in the morning, I'll post a screenshot of my own LFM, probably the best bowler I've had on any edition of the game
              I can't get enough of left arm bowlers in this game.

I play with two in my Yorkshire save (Pienaar & either Hatchett or Willey depending on whether it's FC or limited overs)
              Australian save I use Starc and Johnson.
              Chennai - either Franklin or Johnson

The variation tends to bring wickets a bit quicker than just using 3-4 right arm seamers.

Comment

I can't get enough of left arm bowlers in this game.

I play with two in my Yorkshire save (Pienaar & either Hatchett or Willey depending on whether it's FC or limited overs)
                Australian save I use Starc and Johnson.
                Chennai - either Franklin or Johnson

The variation tends to bring wickets a bit quicker than just using 3-4 right arm seamers.

My LFM, Richard Johnson

He's been a godsend for my England team. I like to have a variety of seamers in the team, just so I have a few extra options. I also have a batsman who can bowl some handy LMF, he's been useful as a partnership breaker.

I think the current set up is a LFM, RF (Finn), a RFM, and either a second RFM or RF. Much like the real England team, spinners are an issue for me.

Comment

Not too shabby mate

How many years do you think you'll get from him - 5-6?

Comment

Not too shabby mate

How many years do you think you'll get from him - 5-6?
                    Hopefully another 4 at least from him and Finn, gives me a chance to search the talent pool for the next England legend

Comment

Hatchett and Payne are pretty good - both lefties of course
                      Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 07-06-2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Hatchett and Payne are pretty good - bodies lefties of course
                        Payne wasn't great for me on my Notts save, although Norwell developed into a beastly player

Comment

Working...
                        X