Well played extras!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well played extras!

2013 Ashes, I was England playing Australia. After sending them into bat wicketkeeper Brad Haddin got injured while batting, meaning somebody else had to don the gloves (Khawaja I believe). This is how my first innings ended up...

122 total in Extra's, with 112 going to byes. Poor Australia!

Haha, I have never paid any attention to the extras column.. this is awesome.

I have switched my regular keeper to a full time batsman if i need a little extra fire power in my team. (I am on year 16 and all the new wicketkeepers which are coming up at rates 1200 or lower; whereas my batsmen are all rated over 1700)

Comment

Don't think this would ever happen irl. In general, most test sides will have at least 6 decent fielders in their side, so one of them taking the gloves in the event of a keeper injury shouldn't result in a century of byes. I mean, I'd understand if the makeshift keeper drops a lot of catches, but he can't just be missing the ball completely on such a regular basis, especially if the attack is predominantly a pace attack.

Comment

Yeah, this is an extremely irritating & unrealistic thing, especially if the dropped catches & byes cost you a match!

I don't know why this continuing issue has not been fixed yet. Most teams have at least a couple of good fielders these days & keeping for an innings or two isn't so difficult - especially against pacers.

In this latest match, the stand-in keeper gave away 32 byes in 80 overs, it's ridiculous! He also dropped no less than THREE catches, all against pacers. Yes, catches against spinners can sometimes be a difficult proposition for someone who doesn't usually keep but it shouldn't be a huge issue against pacers, especially when standing back (is standing up to pacers even possible in this game?).

Thankfully, the end-result wasn't affected during this match with all the dropped catches & byes but it always has that potential & that would be so annoying!

The odd dropped catch or 4-byes here & there is ok but the way stand-in keepers keep in this game, it's like they go blind the moment they put on the gloves!

Comment

I have found this to be a major problem as well especially considering it doesn't happen so often in real life. There are occasions where in real life opposing captains grant the team permission to field a substitute as a wicket keeper. There should be an option to ask for permission which can be accepted or declined. Ditto if it happens to the AI. If not the fielders shouldn't concede so many byes, maybe 10 at most.

Comment

Working...
          X