Whats going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats going on?

Hi, just wondering what's going on with the series at the moment as it seems fairly dead given the silence from the developers? Thanks.
    Last edited by Hampshire; 03-25-2014, 09:32 PM.

Originally posted by Hampshire View Post
    Hi, just wondering what's going on with the series at the moment as it seems fairly dead given the silence from the developers? Thanks.
    I was thinking the same thing. Sureshot posted something a few months ago which made me think that news was due soon - but like I say, that was now a couple of months back.

Looking forward to the new UI - as the one they've used since Cricket Captain 3 has looked a bit "junior angler". Blocky and garish. Looking forward to something a bit more smooth and in keeping with Windows or a pro application like FM or OOTP.

Scritty
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
      I was thinking the same thing. Sureshot posted something a few months ago which made me think that news was due soon - but like I say, that was now a couple of months back.

Looking forward to the new UI - as the one they've used since Cricket Captain 3 has looked a bit "junior angler". Blocky and garish. Looking forward to something a bit more smooth and in keeping with Windows or a pro application like FM or OOTP.

Scritty
      Was happy to see you play or at least know about FMH and iOOTP Scritty

Thoroughly frustrated after seeing the new iPad GUI months ago .... If the next game is the 2014 PC Version and I have to wait another few months for the IOS game then I will not be a happy bunny .....

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
        Was happy to see you play or at least know about FMH and iOOTP Scritty

Thoroughly frustrated after seeing the new iPad GUI months ago .... If the next game is the 2014 PC Version and I have to wait another few months for the IOS game then I will not be a happy bunny .....
        I get OOTP almost every year. I'm an Athletics fan and subscribe to MLB.TV - I watch a LOT of baseball.

They really know how to do it. Every game is recorded, There aren't enough hours in the year to watch every pitch of every game, but you could try if you wanted. Also, they have home and away commentary choices for every game. So Glenn Kuiper and Ray Fosse, who are very personable and easy to listen to are who I hear for hundreds of hours for 8 months of every year.

Just started a cricket stats website and currently writing the software to extrapolate the data from various sources.

It just has some filler for now from the World T20. The start software I'm writing with a couple of other guys spends so much time in discussion I'm not sure it will be out for months.

The idea is to have it complete for 2015 - a big year. World Cup, IPL and Ashes all within 5 months of each other. Not to mention an India Pakistan series (and if you want a big enthusiastic visitor group to your website?, Then that series beats all comers)
        Facebook page is more active at the moment

Cricket Analysis. 6,524 likes. The Facebook community for the website cricketanalysis. What stats show us about the teams and players in world cricket

More interested in stats and analysis than playing games these days. I've sort of given up on Cricket Captain growing into a game for simmers and stat heads. It's no-where near deep enough to scratch my analysis itch in the way that OOTP and FM are, so far away that, well, I've finally taken the hint and realised that it's never going to happen.
        Shame, as OOTP up to 6 (when Mark and Marcus were briefly with Sports Interactive) was created by 2 people - just like ICC - and it was a darn site deeper, and is now so far ahead in terms of depth you'd never realised they started with the same size dev team in the same year and have each had the exact same number of updates since then... and cost within 50p of each other in price.

Despite 9x more people playing and watching cricket than baseball, there is just not the money in cricket - nor the history of proper stat analysis that baseball has.

Hard to say why that is, the detail is there, just no-one seems particularly interested in it (except me and my small team)

Oh well.

Keep in touch DVDDD

Oh - on that:

Did you know than "Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's Dead" Now there's a name for a forum
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

well I've been playing an international career with south Africa and are thoroughly enjoying it, just needs a fixture editor for me[less t20, more odi, tests]
          but I agree more stats would be nice, something like a stats guru from cricinfo would be a dream, most double tons, most ducks etc

Comment

I am now getting information from this forum. Whats about you?

Comment

Working...
            X