Poor and irritating issue, developers do something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor and irritating issue, developers do something

This happens everytime. I am playing with yorkshire currently. Whenever i select an overseas player who is available for the whole season, he runs away at the start of the season everytime and comes back in the dying stages of championship to play just 2-3 matches for me. If its written behind his name that he will be available for the whole season, that should happen.

The only thing I can see we can do here is adding another reserve player (not too difficult, remember, reserves are free) and include some information in the contracts window about what international tours are taking place for the upcoming season, but I don't know how feasible the latter is. I'll speak with Chris and Andy about this.

The availability column is relating to the Indian 20over league at the start of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      The only thing I can see we can do here is adding another reserve player (not too difficult, remember, reserves are free) and include some information in the contracts window about what international tours are taking place for the upcoming season, but I don't know how feasible the latter is. I'll speak with Chris and Andy about this.

The availability column is relating to the Indian 20over league at the start of the game.
      Thanks for the reply sureshot. Please see what can be done for it because it is at times very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
        This happens everytime. I am playing with yorkshire currently. Whenever i select an overseas player who is available for the whole season, he runs away at the start of the season everytime and comes back in the dying stages of championship to play just 2-3 matches for me. If its written behind his name that he will be available for the whole season, that should happen.
        As they don't have an overseas player at start of season who do you go for ?

Bit off topic but I play as them too

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
          As they don't have an overseas player at start of season who do you go for ?

Bit off topic but I play as them too
          Hahahaha, i made a safe bet and went for Jesse Ryder, superb selection. Scores consistently and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
            Hahahaha, i made a safe bet and went for Jesse Ryder, superb selection. Scores consistently and fast.
            Cheers mate - I go for Vettori with Robin Peterson as reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              include some information in the contracts window about what international tours are taking place for the upcoming season
              It will be great if the next year's international calender is made available right before or during the transfers.

Comment

That's a great shout - I end up saving before the contracts section to take some notes on which countries have games during April - Sept

Do you go for say a Franklin who is 35+ so shouldn't get called up or a Pienaar who could have such a great start to the season domestically that he gets a surprise call up .... Not the easiest

Comment

This has been an issue for ages. The number of times I've picked someone only to not have them available for some. most or even sometimes all of the season.
                  In the contract screen there was no way of knowing - even though the game knew, it doesn't show the player that information when they most need it.,
                  The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
                    This has been an issue for ages. The number of times I've picked someone only to not have them available for some. most or even sometimes all of the season.
                    In the contract screen there was no way of knowing - even though the game knew, it doesn't show the player that information when they most need it.,
                    Hi mate - hope you're well

I think we all now know that we should ignore the overseas % and go with what we know.
                    Dhoni might be "available" for the entire season but we know he'll be gone immediately for the start of the "overseas league"

Gut instinct is the only way forward - pick guys who are up and coming or have not played international cricket for a fee years - works for me

#justjinxedmyself

Comment

I have found a very annoying issue in the Big Bash, as players who are Australian contracted aren't available for the season but then they never play 20/20 apart from international again which is extremely unrealistic. What might be realistic would be to put them at 25% availability for a quarter of the price. Even if they aren't available for the season and go back into the contract pool when they are off their Australian contract would be alright. The best option would be to have it as in real life, where if a player gets injured or goes to international duty they can be replaced by another player. This brings me to the point that a squad limit of 18 needs to be enforced with 2 international players and if one gets injured or goes to international duty, a replacement player can be added who is from overseas. Surely this wouldn't be too hard to implement as it is already implemented in the IPL (Indian League) to an extent.

Comment

And as somebody else mentioned somewhere, we should have the ability to allow or deny permission to the players to play in the IPL. The money we get right now is too little to let go of our best players for a good chunk of the season, especially right at the start of the season, which is a very crucial phase of the season as it sets the tone for the whole of the season.

This would also add a new dimension to the whole thing - is it worth it to take the money & let go of a top player or do we need him desperately enough to deny him the permission & forgo the money being offered?

Comment

Is the rebate that you get just for English international call,ups then? or IPL too?

(Sure this question has been asked ans answered before so apologies)

Comment

In my current save, into the second season, there have been no callups so far but ten Doeschate left for the IPL & I can see 9000 as rebate in my Finance section.......I brought him in this year for 45000, so I guess we get 20% back......well, that 9000 isn't worth losing Tendo for the crucial first couple of months

I went through the Finances of some of the other counties & the funniest thing I saw was that Essex have Amla as the Overseas & Munro as the Reserve & both are in the IPL & guess what, they got NOTHING for it! Wow! So, if both, our Overseas as well as the Reserve, get selected for the IPL then not only do we lose the players but we don't get any compensation either. Not that the tiny compensation is worth much anyway......

Comment

If there was some way to sign a loan player for a small amount of money for a month, that 9k might have some use, but as it is, it just goes into the pot in the next contracts round and is of no real value to anyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X