Essex County Cricket Club 2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essex County Cricket Club 2014 Season

Essex finished runners up in County Championship Division 2 last season. With Lancashire winning the Division 2 title. How will Essex get on in Division 1 this season will they be relegated straight away. Well Essex have signed Scott Newman and Bilal Shafayat in season 2013 and this season have signed Ashwell Prince. Essex play there first match in County Championship Division 1 at home to Durham at Chelmsford, Then there next match away to Somerset. Ravi Bopara and Reece Topley have both improved loads in there game. I Really think Essex will make a big impact in Division 1.
    Last edited by fudgecat; 09-17-2013, 10:59 AM.

Essex start there County Championship Division 1 season with a home match against Durham. On day one Durham were in serious trouble with there wickets falling all over the place. Essex played fantastic over the four days Ravi Bopara was man of the match for a fantastic display.

Ravi Bopara hitting a fine shot

Great start for Essex i really was shocked maybe we going to see a few more upsets along the way. Hopefully Essex will get a good result in there next match away to Somerset.

Ravi Bopara won man of the match

COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 1
    Last edited by fudgecat; 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Ahhh .. was wondering where you were recently mate

No calling it quits when you have International call ups this time though

Comment

Hello there yeah my pc broke so lost all the data of my yorkshire game.

But know Essex will be hard with international call ups, Wont quit this time.

Oh forgot to mention, i signed Ashley Prince and Scott Newman, So cook can go on internationals all year lol...
        Last edited by fudgecat; 09-17-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

NEWMAN SINKS SOMERSET AS ESSEX WIN

Scott Newman scored a fantastic 223 runs for Essex in there county championship match against Somerset. Scott Newman Who joined Essex just to cover for Alaister Cook when he on internationals, Essex won the Match at Taunton but Somerset nearly claimed a draw with a thrilling fight back on the last day. Scott Newman was just sensational and his performance was rewarded with man of the match award. Essex next play at home to top of the table Lancashire. Essex made a fantastic return to Division 1 winning both of there opening matches.

Newman scores 223 runs before being caught by Kieswetter

COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2
          Last edited by fudgecat; 09-19-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Poor Essex 2nd Innings Leads to Lancashire Victory

Lancashire were just too good for Essex at Chelmsford, Ravi Bopara scored 114 runs for Essex in the first innings, But Essex had a target of 412 runs to chase in the second innings and they failed, Lancashire were just to good. Kyle Hogg won man of the match for Lancashire.

Kyle Hogg man of the match

COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2
            Last edited by fudgecat; 09-20-2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

CHALLENGE TROPHY

SUSSEX WIN WITH EASE

Sussex were too strong for poor old Essex here at Chelmsford in the challenge trophy, Michael Yardy won man of the match for Sussex. Essex failed to really score any runs against the Sussex bowlers. Essex still have David Masters out injured, Essex play Yorkshire next in the county championship at Chelmsford.

Michael Yardy in action

Comment

I love the additional pictures you add in. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X