Test Match Bowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Match Bowling

Cant seem to get the hang of this with any side, currently playing with Oz and getting clattered match after match.

Any tips? How do you guys go about it?

I use custom fields (will upload them tonight when I get home).

Also usually start on 4 bars aggression. Most of the time use 3 bars aggression, sometimes 4-5 when attacking and 2-1 bars when I need to save runs. I've had good success using 3 bars when defending a small total.

Also change your strategy. Bowl outside off for a few overs, change the length randomly (or to batsmen weakness). Try new stuff when you need to break up a partnership.

I'm bowling well with West Indies using these strategies (and important custom fields). Batting is another story..
    Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
      I use custom fields (will upload them tonight when I get home).

Also usually start on 4 bars aggression. Most of the time use 3 bars aggression, sometimes 4-5 when attacking and 2-1 bars when I need to save runs. I've had good success using 3 bars when defending a small total.

Also change your strategy. Bowl outside off for a few overs, change the length randomly (or to batsmen weakness). Try new stuff when you need to break up a partnership.

I'm bowling well with West Indies using these strategies (and important custom fields). Batting is another story..
      Thanks for your post. Do you have random custom fields or set fields for each player?

Comment

I rarely change from 3 bars of aggression. I'll bowl my openers for 4-5 overs and if I'm not getting wickets I'll either switch up to bowl to from the other side or bowl to a batsmens weaknesses for a couple overs then switch back. I found that switching back helps pick up a wicket. If a batsmen is scoring quickly against me I'll look at their shot chart and adjust my field to block off the areas they are scoring in. I also try to avoid players bowling too long spells, usually aim for around 6 overs in a spell unless wickets are falling or i'm bowling a spinner.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
          Thanks for your post. Do you have random custom fields or set fields for each player?
          Custom fields. Rarely I adjust them for a particular player (only really in end of one day matches in the last over).

My test match fields are attached. I recommend making a similar test for OD/T20 matches.
          Attached Files
          Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
            Cant seem to get the hang of this with any side, currently playing with Oz and getting clattered match after match.

Any tips? How do you guys go about it?
            fields the default ones i found very good in 2013 version. I have seen that bowling to the batsmen weakness helps. like if they prefere front foot bowl short lengths. and pattinson is the best ausie bowler i think. use him a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X