No announcement yet.

A leader with a goal ... Warwickshire Story under KGKOOLKAT777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neil Parker, a pace bowler, has come from the youth team. A 2nd team average just under 20 I doubt he'll play a huge part this year but we'll see.

Comment

A huge win. We lost the toss and bowled. All the bowlers chipped in as we bowled them out for 259. Perera and Henry both got hundreds in a 251 run stand. After a collapse we were still staring at a low score but Darkes and Cochrane but on 100 quick runs as we got 430. Thanks to hundreds from Halsted and Evans they got 335. We nearly stuffed up the chase but we got home in the end.

Batting Award: Robert Henry - Great hundred. Mention also to Perera for a great hundred too.

Bowling Award: Peter Cochrane - Good consistent bowling. Mention also to Reeds.

Comment

Now I have hope of getting promoted.

Comment

We off to Worcs to play our 2nd game against them. We batted first and made a poor start before Peel and Darkes combined for a fantastic partnership. We ended up with a decent score. All the bowlers chipped in to bowl them out for a 100 run lead. The the top 4 all made starts with only Henry making a hundred. They then had to chase an improbable target and didn't come close.

Batting Award: Robert Henry - A great 2nd innings hundred that secured the match

Bowling Award: Peter Cochrane - All the bowlers bowled well but he bowled especially

Comment

We made a 1 change for this match, with Mahmood coming in for Perera.

Woakes and Cochrane bowled incredibly well to bowl them out cheaply. We didn't do great ourselves but Buttler made a crucial contribution. Cochrane and Reeds then bowled well as we chased a relatively small target. We got there with relative ease

Batting Award: Jos Buttler - crucial first innings contribution

Bowling Award: Peter Cochrane - again tough but bowled consistently well. Mention to Woakes too for a devastating first innings spell.

Comment

Coles has been selected for England. Very surprising considering I wasn't picking him. Woakes and Buttler are also off which means that Henry will have to resume keeping duties.

Comment

Major changes with England and injuries. Looking foward to Hollins' first game.

We batted first with Henry and Peel putting on a fantastic partnership and other players chipping in. Poor Hollins though batting at 11 got a bouncer first ball and a fractured jaw ruled him out of the match and the season. Playing with 3 bowlers we relied on Anderson and other part-timers to chip in. They did OK but the 3 bowlers we had did a fantastic job as we knocked them over twice for an innings win.

Batting Award: Robert Henry - What a superstar. Mention also to Peel.

Bowling Award: Peter Cochrane - Ditto. Mention to both Reeds and Levy

Comment

Hemp in for Hollins. Going to Durham we were confident seeing as they were in terrible form. Batting first we made a disgusting score. I was displeased to say the least. The spinners combined though to restrict the lead to a mere 25. 2nd time round we did much better with Henry and Perera combining for a match-winning partnership. All the bowlers bowled well to seal the win.

Batting Award: Robert Henry - Solid first innings and good 2nd innings. Mention to Perera for a 2nd innings hundred.

Bowling Award: Cochrane/Levy/Reeds - Can't split them

Comment

The only team we have lost to this season, Nottinghamshire were next. Gearing up for a great match we got all our England players back. Here's the team.

A draw where lower orders thrived and we should have won.

Batting Award: Coles/Henry - Both batted well in the first innings. Mention also to Woakes, Howarth, Perera and Buttler

Bowling Award: Peter Cochrane - Another great performance

Comment

For our last game of the season against Yorkshire we decided to play the same team. They batted and the bowlers ripped through to bowl them out for 192. We got 342 thanks to a Peel hundred. Bairstow batted well for them but Woakes and Coles ripped through them and we made hard work of the small chase but got there eventually.

Batting Award: Barry Peel - Great hundred

Bowling Award: Chris Woakes - Fantastic bowling

Comment

Now for the points table...

WE ACHIEVE OUR FIRST GOAL AND ACHIEVE PROMOTION.

Comment

An unbelievable season for Henry and Cochrane. We also won the one-day cup which will give us some welcome funds.

Comment

Awards: Batting Player of the Year

1. Robert Henry -11 Awards

2. Tie - Peel and Buttler - 2.5 awards each (mention counts as half)

3. Angelo Perera - 2 awards

4. Anderson - 1.5 awards

5. Tie - Cochrane, Chopra, Coles, Dicks - 1 Award

6. Tie - Woakes and Howarth 0.5 awards each

Bowling

1. Peter Cochrane - 12 Awards

2. Wayne Howarth -3 Awards

3. Alec Reeds - 2.5 Awards

4. Tie - Levy and Woakes - 1.5 awards each.

KGKOOLKAT777's player of the year:

1. Peter Cochrane (13 Awards)

2. Robert Henry (11 Awards)

3. Wayne Howarth (3.5 Awards)

So the season concludes, a golden season for Henry and Cochrane, lets hope they can repeat the feat again next season and seasoned to come. Both uncapped for England I wouldn't be surprised if one recieved a call up soon.

Comment

Rankings for season:

Robert Henry - A fantastic season for him, the reason of our promotion.

Peter Cochrane - Ditto, hopefully a future star

Wayne Howarth - wasn't with us much but when he was he was a fantastic addition

Barry Peel - Averaged over 50 which is a great first season for him

Alec Reeds - Promoted suddenly to main spinner, he impressed everyone with 52 wickets, only behind Cochrane

Greg Darkes - Not really mentioned much but an average over 40 shows the immense talent of this guy

Chris Woakes - A great player when available, didin't do much with the bat but was good with the ball

Andy Levy - Did extremely well when in the team. Probably will get a few more games next year

Angelo Perera - OK but more was expected from the overseas player

Michael Reeds - Did OK in the matches he played but if he plays next year more will be expected

Christian Dicks - Very inconsistent

David Coles - Dropped from my team but ends up with an England call-up. I didn't see anything special but I'll take it.

Jos Buttler - Disappointing for him, less than he would have wanted

Marcus Hemp - Got the opportunities but failed to deliver

Geoffrey Chivers - Got a couple of games, failed to impress

K Mahmood - 1 game, 14 runs

Phil Hollins - a bouncer first ball effectively ending his career

Comment

Of the players without contracts we renew Chopra, Darkes, Matterson, Buttler and Levy. We let Dawson, Barker, Chivers and the 2 overseas players into the market. We do not give Parker a contract and terminate Hollins contracts. In the opening round we decide to buy an inexperienced Indian player, D Vardhan with a lot of potential and a first class average of 70. We deflate the large sum a bit and see his response. I also give deflated sums to Willey and Hannon. My plans end up completely in tatters after my decision to not give Willey a deal and try and convince Hannon proved disasterous. With Alistair Cook on the market my next plan was to go for him but he got sold and Hannon went to Northants. I promptly sign a youth player, Arlott an ok all-rounder with a bit of promise. I then sign a reserve in Max Liebenberg, with only 10 first class games but he looks promising. I then decided to go for Willey signing him and spending the remaining money on youth players funds.

Chivers found a home at Derbyshire, while Dawson went to Sussex. Barker went to Yorkshire while Hollins and Parker went unsold ending their careers.

Comment

Working...
                                X