No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All

Just started playing cc2013 and its my first time at it, im use to football manager to be honest but thought wud give this a try. So far with first class matches im ok but would like to know more about being rutheless when bowling.... how much changes do u need to makes..

but the main reason im posting is that in 20/20 and one day games I am awful.... please people give me bowling and batting advice... be as patronising and simplistic as possible.

im determine to be as good at this game as footy manager.... and I won the champs league with Peterborough so I want to be amazing!! hahaha

anyones help will be greatful

cheers

In one day games bowling outside off stump to defensive fields is the best strategy. Also try some custom fields since the default aren't the best. It's much easier to defend half of the field, so bowling middle stump often gets punished in the game.
    Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Hi mate,

There are a few things you can try to help you get better. The Manual is very good and does give you an overview of the intricacies of the game, but some quick tips:

- Choose the right team- you'd want a mix of aggressive and normal batsmen. I tend to shy away from defensive batsmen in ODI and T20's.
      - Use the right aggression settings- i.e. in the powerplays, when the 5th/part time bowler comes on
      - Play to a batsman's strength- if he is very aggressive, play him a little bit more aggressively than a normal batsmen.
      - I like to let batsmen settle in first as well (not so much for T20) before lifting their aggression.

With bowling,
      - Look at which bowlers are more expensive than others
      - Try to mix up your bowling as well (LF, RMF, OS, RM, etc)
      - Use different field settings- if a batsman has a strong off-side preference, maybe make him play on the leg-side
      - If the batsman is a front-foot player, bowl a little shorter at him, vice versa.

And it comes down to getting hours in, understanding what works and what doesn't, and the enjoyment will come!
      The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Working...
      X