Spinners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinners

I am really enjoying this years game, but I have a slight grievance which has bugged me since I first started playing these games.

When I start an international career, I usually like to try and pick a young spinner who is showing promise. I don't expect a huge haul of wickets from them early on, but the thing that bugs me is that none of them can turn the ball! Granted they shouldn't be taking 4 and 5 wicket hauls every game, but that doesn't mean they can't spin the ball.

Day 5 of a Test match in Dhaka, the spin indicator reading full red bars (maximum turn) and my young spinner can't turn it off the stumps? That is a little unrealistic. I appreciate this is probably the game's way of showing that he isn't very good yet, but it would be nice if it turned a little bit!

Thanks.

the 3d highlights dont show spin animation well, this has nothing to do with bowler skill. spinner is mor likely to take wicket on turning pitch, despite the highlight graphics. as i undstand it, the outcome is calculated and then animated. it is not real time physics simulation.
    Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
      the 3d highlights dont show spin animation well, this has nothing to do with bowler skill. spinner is mor likely to take wicket on turning pitch, despite the highlight graphics. as i undstand it, the outcome is calculated and then animated. it is not real time physics simulation.
      Very true. Perhaps the highlight engine could be altered then. Also, on a slightly-but-not-really related note - Graeme Swann is nowhere near as good in this years game compared to previous years. I presume this has been mentioned elsewhere but still, if you ask any Aussie, they'd probably say he has still got it

Comment

Working...
      X