Selection to England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selection to England

I have a batsman called Aaron Harrington (he seems to be a fictional cricketer) who averages 58 in domestic cricket over 100 first-class matches. He's scored more FC centuries than any active player. And he averages nearly 50 in OD with a strike rate of 94. But he's been picked for England only twice -- for two Test matches. He did decently in them -- one fifty and a couple of 30s -- but the computer hasn't picked him since. And even though his OD stats are quite brilliant, there's no England ODI team call up either.

Similarly, in this same game, Steven Mullaney tops the career and the current averages with both bat and ball in ODs and with bat in T20s. He's fourth placed in the T20 bowling average and has an economy rate of just over 6. Still, he never gets picked for England.

(I'm not complaining. I'm happy the computer lets these people stay in my squad. Even so, it's a little strange.)

How does the computer decide what domestic players to pick for England?

I believe the AI knows the player ratings (which are not exposed to the user). So it uses those ratings along with stats and current form for the selection. Does he play in the 2nd division?
    Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Working...
    X