couple of quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of quick questions

1) ive played around 4 years now in 2013 - do any england contracted players ever come on the market?

2) as i play with Gloucestershire, its not the strongest team - is there a data editor around at all to increase the budget available?

3) sticking with a poor squad issue, how does everyone try and decide who is the player to sign at the end of the seasons?

3) I tend to look at the averages in FC for the current year, so your looking for batsman averaging 40+, wicketkeepers averaging 30+, and bowlers who have taken 70+ wickets at averages in the teens and early twenties.
    Also look at what type of bowlers they are and how they would fit into your squad.
    As far as youth team players go, I look for batsman who have averaged 50+ in 2nd team cricket, and bowlers who have taken alot of wickets at good averages, sometimes you can also judge a youth team player by the amount of salary they ask for.
    In terms of overseas players, I go for these last, once the rest of my signings have taken place, looking at my squad, I try and pick my best XI, and see where I can improve, you can get cheap overseas players, but I try and go for the tried and tested internationals, trying to work out which teams have internationals booked for the following year (you can't do this on the game, so I try and have it avaliable on the Internet at the same time), there is nothing worse than finding out your O/S player is on IPL duty, then is on tour for half the season.
    (I would actually like to see these two aspects changed on the game, on the contracts section, there should be a tab which shows the international tours and fixtures for the following season, and on the contract screen, all players, O/S or domestic who are due to play IPL the following year should be in a different colour, on my previous game, both my O/S players, and two of my domestic signings all missed the first 6 weeks of the season).
    I also only tend to buy one T20 player, as you can use your other O/S players as your 2nd player, just make sure you always get your spare O/S player, I tend to look for another player with a similar salary, might aswell get as good a player as possible as it doesn't cost you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mbroadbent View Post
      1) ive played around 4 years now in 2013 - do any england contracted players ever come on the market?

2) as i play with Gloucestershire, its not the strongest team - is there a data editor around at all to increase the budget available?

3) sticking with a poor squad issue, how does everyone try and decide who is the player to sign at the end of the seasons?
      Can only answer no.3
      Would echo what Skershaw said ... Plus I look at the previous 2 years for all formats - one bad season doesn't make a bad player
      I always go for all rounders for my overseas players - pref spinners who are aggressive batters as they will do a job in all 3 formats.
      A good left arm bowler and a medium pacer are key I've found in limited overs games - when bowling its all about variation.
      As I've said on other threads I look to play all 3 types of spin when picking a team (OS, LS & SLA), plus some right/left variation ... plus some pace variation too.
      Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 08-05-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Engalnd players do occasionally come on the market, but only when the game decides not give them a central contract. For instance in 2017 i signed Stuart Broad for Hampshire and he cost me 80k, but the next season he got a central contract

Comment

Originally posted by mbroadbent View Post

Your budget the following year is definitely effected by how successful you've been, i've found this the case with Worcestershire for example in 2013 I didn't perform particularly well and understandably got a low budget, the following year I finished a few places higher in every competition, and resulted in a few tens of thousand better budget.

In terms of deciding who to keep, the same as what has been said already. You've got to decide whether players are really worth the money they are being paid. If you have a few useless players tied down to long term contracts at the start, it may be worth cancelling these at the end of the first season and spend the money elsewhere.

As a lower level County it might be worth focusing on obtaining decent County level players rather than splashing the cash on England fringe players. For example, i'm in my third season with Worcestershire now and have the likes of Robbie Williams, Ian Saxelby, James Tredwell and Scott Borthwick as a few of my bowlers - nothing incredible but average less than 30 with the ball.

Save overseas players for last and sign one where you think your squad is the weakest. I felt I lacked a seamer so signed Jandre Coetzee, a left arm pace bowler from SA who has been fantastic for me and was cheaper than more established players.
          Last edited by C.Turner; 08-06-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Turner View Post
            Your budget the following year is definitely effected by how successful you've been, i've found this the case with Worcestershire for example in 2013 I didn't perform particularly well and understandably got a low budget, the following year I finished a few places higher in every competition, and resulted in a few tens of thousand better budget.

In terms of deciding who to keep, the same as what has been said already. You've got to decide whether players are really worth the money they are being paid. If you have a few useless players tied down to long term contracts at the start, it may be worth cancelling these at the end of the first season and spend the money elsewhere.

As a lower level County it might be worth focusing on obtaining decent County level players rather than splashing the cash on England fringe players. For example, i'm in my third season with Worcestershire now and have the likes of Robbie Williams, Ian Saxelby, James Tredwell and Scott Borthwick as a few of my bowlers - nothing incredible but average less than 30 with the ball.

Save overseas players for last and sign one where you think your squad is the weakest. I felt I lacked a seamer so signed Jandre Coetzee, a left arm pace bowler from SA who has been fantastic for me and was cheaper than more established players.
            Budget is based on performance in the 3 competitions - there's a finances section which breaks this down

Comment

Originally posted by C.Turner View Post

cheers - very useful

Comment

Working...
              X