Test Squad Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Squad Sizes

I think it would be more realistic to increase the squad size for home tests. Playing with Australia I find it really hard to narrow it down to 12 players without seeing the pitch. It seems unfair that the touring team can select from 18 players after seeing the pitch conditions for the game but the home team only has the choice of 12.

I find the worst times are when you get an unexpected spinners paradise in Australia. I'd like to be able to pick both Agar and Maxwell who wouldn't normally play in place of say Doolan and Faulkner, but would need at least 13 in my squad to do that.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Also, I'm pretty sure England have a squad of 13 or 14 for the next Ashes test, Panesar included for just the eventuality.

I'd agree with this. 13 would be fine, allowing an extra batsman (bowler if playing with 4) and an extra spinner to come in in terms of pitch conditions. The 12 man thing has frustrated me for a while!

Comment

I agree, I'd like to see maybe 13 as a limit. That way you could account for all types of pitch or weather conditions.
      Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

I also agree! Also I think you should get more than 8 training sessions for a national side! Perhaps 10 or even more? Surely a national side wouldn't lack the resources for everyone to have technique coaching or a net session?
        Last edited by Graham_5000; 07-30-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I think if anything the international team would have outstanding training, it's so diverse compared to county training which consists of a bowling machine from the 90's and a coach.

On Topic I like the idea of a 13 man squad, the 12 man squad either forces me to play a bit's and pieces all rounder like woakes or risk going into a green pitch with 4 bowlers.

Comment

Glad you guys agree.. 13 works for me too.

Probably more of a "Feature Request" thing but I think an Academy style training for youngsters when captaining the National team would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
              I also agree! Also I think you should get more than 8 training sessions for a national side! Perhaps 10 or even more? Surely a national side wouldn't lack the resources for everyone to have technique coaching or a net session?
              Agreed.

Comment

Working...
              X