Bowling/fielding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling/fielding

why is it so hard to get good bowling figures on this game. It is really starting to annoy me now to the extent where I am going to just stop playing the game. Every single bowler in my squad is bowling poorly, their averages are all increasing.

I don't seem to b able to do anything but draw in FC matches and in OD games I tend to either lose or draw the majority as my bowling attack plays rubbish. The AI teams also seem to have same problem against me aswell, so in FC games both teams are consistently 450+ in the first innings never leaving enough time for the second innings to be completed.

I have tried everything, aggressive bowling, defensive, ive adjusted the field setting manually depending on where the batsman are scoring their runs and nothing seems to work.

I have also looked through the forum and it seems that a fair number of people struggle with bowling.

I personally don't find I lose that many games, but most matches are high scoring. I think Chris might be tweaking things again with an upcoming patch. Personally I think more cloud is required as well as some pitches that are only good for quicks and others that just take turn.

Some weeks the weather should be amazing (look at how high recent County match scores have been with the weather hot and dry), and at other times there could be more heavy cloud perhaps. Increased bad weather would be accurate and could also keep the scores down a little, although I'm not sure whether the AI drops its aggression in cloudy conditions? I do!

Comment

for me it I tend to have one bowler who always performs and 3 others who sometimes support him. Sometimes in cricket you can do everything right but you just can't stop the batsmen from scoring big runs

Comment

I find you do better playing ball by ball, As you can keep changing line and aggression regular and find i take more wickets. If i fast sim a match i seam to see silly scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayden69 View Post
          why is it so hard to get good bowling figures on this game. It is really starting to annoy me now to the extent where I am going to just stop playing the game. Every single bowler in my squad is bowling poorly, their averages are all increasing.

I don't seem to b able to do anything but draw in FC matches and in OD games I tend to either lose or draw the majority as my bowling attack plays rubbish. The AI teams also seem to have same problem against me aswell, so in FC games both teams are consistently 450+ in the first innings never leaving enough time for the second innings to be completed.

I have tried everything, aggressive bowling, defensive, ive adjusted the field setting manually depending on where the batsman are scoring their runs and nothing seems to work.

I have also looked through the forum and it seems that a fair number of people struggle with bowling.
          what team do you play with.. maybe i could give you a few tips on which bowlers to use?

Comment

Hello guys,

thanks for taking the time to reply. I think the biggest problem was experience as I am now t the start of my third season and my bowling has dramatically improved, when I first post I was still in my first season. Batting totals are still a bit higher than they probably should be but nothing like they were. Hopefully the new patch will bring them more in line with real-life

I'm playing as Sussex who start off with a poor bowling line-up, rated 2.5 stars at the start and that obviously didn't help me at the beginning.

Apologies if my first post sounded like all I was doing was whining but I was struggling a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X