Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is best aggression level against, medium fast bowlers, and dibby dabby ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best aggression level against, medium fast bowlers, and dibby dabby ones?

Im at the end of may, in my first season as lancs, ive noticed ive mainly got low totals, Playing Hampshire and Glamorgan, who seem to me, to mainly have medium fast bowlers, glamorgans, seemed like 3 paces and then bowl.

and have got low totals against them.

In CC i normally tend to start at 3 red blocks, and against dibby dabby bowlers, ive got myself into trickey position, is it best to be lesss agressive again dibby dabby, and score slower, cause surely less risk of getting out

For all my 4 day or tests I do the exact same thing with each batsmen
    2 bars till they get to 10
    3 bars till they get till 30
    4 bars till they get to 50
    5 bars till 80
    6 bars till 100
    3 bars till 130
    4 till 150
    5 till 180
    6till 200

and so on
    Seems to work well for me as I've been using that formula for years
    If I have a batsmen who is batting with a tailender ill increase his aggression levels accordingly.
    ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

I try to play to a batsmen's strength- if he is a defensive player, I look to start him on 2 bars and move him to 3 once he is settled in. I only increase this if I need to make quick runs, otherwise I like to let him bat through the day and get the others to bat around him.
      Similar with Aggressive bats, I start them on 3 bars and move them to 4 once settled. For Very Aggressive I put them on 5.

Obviously this changes for ODI and T20's but it depends on how you want to score, whether you have a strong batting/bowling unit, etc.
      If you have a weak bowling unit and need time to bowl an opposition out, you might need to score quicker to get a result.
      The Cult Of Personality

Comment

I generally stick to starting on 2 bars until about 50% settled, then staying on 3 bars in county games, drop it back down to 2 bars for the new ball, start of a new session or day, and if its cloudy, I only go above 3 bars if im chasing batting points or if a really bad bowler comes on.
        How do you guys use bowling aggression in first class games?, im really struggling and getting whacked to all parts using my old tactics of bowling to batsmans weakness.
        Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

I downloaded the manual yesterday, to try and get some tips, my lancs game against hampshire is gonna be about an innings and 300 run lose, on about bowling, in one days i havent really got a clue how to help, my last 40 over game, i made 244/8 i think, but my bowling went badly, and hampshire were like 111/2, after 10 so no going back then, plus ive got to the stage, where jimmy has gone to england,

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzydrury View Post
            I downloaded the manual yesterday, to try and get some tips, my lancs game against hampshire is gonna be about an innings and 300 run lose, on about bowling, in one days i havent really got a clue how to help, my last 40 over game, i made 244/8 i think, but my bowling went badly, and hampshire were like 111/2, after 10 so no going back then, plus ive got to the stage, where jimmy has gone to england,
            The most important thing is that Test/FC tactics generally won't work for ODI/one day games and ODI/one day game tactics won't work for T20/Twenty20 matches .... Easy

You do end up experimenting a great deal. The stuff that worked last year is not working as well this year so it is about reinvention ....

You could always try playing some exhibition games to see which tactics work best rather than make a bad start in a save .... Then once you've noticed things that work for you you can start a new save

There isn't always a right answer to this - if there was the game would be pretty predictable and boring wouldn't it.
            Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 07-28-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I will carry on learning as i go along, i think, i guess in real cricket, not many countys play strong in every competition that is on he go

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzydrury View Post
                I will carry on learning as i go along, i think, i guess in real cricket, not many countys play strong in every competition that is on he go
                I think Yorkshire, Somerset Notts & Durham are your best bets if you want to challenge in all 3 formats

Comment

Remember there is no one size fits all tactic against RFMs etc. There is a big difference in abilities between bowlers of this type. I don't think ICC favours them in any way above any particular other bowler type.

Comment

Working...
                  X