Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who follow my England Story, a question and poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who follow my England Story, a question and poll...

So after the failure against Australia and not doing too well against New Zealand, is it time for me to turn to youth as I did in the final 2 tests?

That power of choice is in your hands and I'd like you all to feed back before I continue the story.

Any extra comments are welcome!
    Continue with a mix of youth and experience (eg. Pietersen, Anderson etc + youngsters)
    50.00%
    Go all out with the youngsters, dropping most experienced men.
    50.00%

Hey mate, big fan of the timeline. Don't panick about the ashes, I threw a stapler at the wall after my England teams performance, we managed to turn the series around though and won the last three games.

I'd say keep Pietersen, only because I'm yet to find someone has good at scoring the quick runs at 4, I'm hoping maybe Ballance or Taylor will pop up but he's 35 and just finished the tour of South Africa with an average of 40+.

I'd go with Northeast, being a kent fan I''m amazed he's test material but he looks very good. The Regen batters along with youngers seem to do well like Shiv Thakor or Root but sometimes I like to keep Bell, Trott and co in the squad just in case.

The bowling I find is where I need the oldens, I've dropped Broad in favour of Woakes, but kept Anderson, Swann and Finn well into the start of 2016.

Comment

I found with last year the easiest thing for me was to blood them either against weaker opposition, (WI, Ban, Zim etc), or play them in dead rubbers. Then I could change the entire team, and the result wasn't as critical. I think for the bigger matches, and the tours currently, the best thing is to take a mix, just so you can get a proper look at them
      Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Working...
      X