Definitely something that needs to be corrected! the bowling choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely something that needs to be corrected! the bowling choice

I dont know why the AI keeps persisting with a bowler who is getting hammered. He should not be used after he was around hit for 50+ runs in 5 overs. But on the contrary he was continued in the next game with the same condition! Still he was used to bowl the full quota of 10 overs.! I mean something is definitely wrong here. And should be looked into! It is because of him alone Australia lost the series. Single handedly made them lose!

1st game is the wicketless one. 2nd he took a single wicket. Glenn Maxwell
    Attached Files

Dear god, are you targeting him?

Comment

Ouch.... those are some brutal figures!
      Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

If he took a wicket I'd keep bowling him

Did they have an alternative ?

Comment

ya i targeted him. I can imagine him playing him the 2nd game but giving him full 10 overs this is insane on the captain!
          For details look at the five match odi series. In first game he didnt take a wicket but gave JUST 50 runs. 2nd game look at the screen shot he ws hit for 91 runs. 3rd game 57 runs. 4th game 122 runs (earlier screenshot). Still they persisted with him in 5th match for full 10 overs where he got hit with fig of 126/1 (earlier screenshot)!? There is a gross mistake here. No captain would keep him on. And for the options part look at the screenie they could have used clarke instead. Atleast tried him for a over or two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 24 16.27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	53181Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 24 16.28.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	53182Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 24 16.30.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	53183

Comment

I'd have used a bit Voges and possibly Clarke. But yeah, this is one of the problems with the AI in ICC, only using the best 5 bowlers with their full quota even if they're having a bad day (disgustingly bad in your game's case!).

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
              I'd have used a bit Voges and possibly Clarke. But yeah, this is one of the problems with the AI in ICC, only using the best 5 bowlers with their full quota even if they're having a bad day (disgustingly bad in your game's case!).
              Yeah I used to use Voges as a 3rd spinner last year when playing as Australia - with O'Keefe and Maxwell in Tests

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                Slightly subjective, what with Mick Lewis' 0-113, and I think I'd keep going with someone like Steyn even if they had gone for 70 in 7 overs.

That all said, it is something we've earmarked to work on, not the easiest thing in the world to get right though (like with most of the AI, really).

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  Slightly subjective, what with Mick Lewis' 0-113, and I think I'd keep going with someone like Steyn even if they had gone for 70 in 7 overs.

That all said, it is something we've earmarked to work on, not the easiest thing in the world to get right though (like with most of the AI, really).
                  Subjective again but given I've played against both Lewis and Maxwell, I'd be inclined to say they convinced the skipper to keep bowling them!!
                  The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

yup rest all engine truly awesome

Comment

Working...
                    X