Run Outs. Please trim them down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Outs. Please trim them down.

well the run outs seem happening too often. The super fielders are so irritating. Specially your best batsmen going out to SUICIDAL run outs. In every game there 3 to 4 run outs. eg like this game the top three run outs! :| a game i was winning comfortable came out to be so close just because of the run outs even when i didnt need those extra close singles (run rate wasnt demanding). And i kept both the batsmen on same aggression. Still it happened. In the previous game there were 4 run outs. Please trim them down in the next patch. :|Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 23 17.30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	53797

Originally posted by faizangmc View Post
    well the run outs seem happening too often. The super fielders are so irritating. Specially your best batsmen going out to SUICIDAL run outs. In every game there 3 to 4 run outs. eg like this game the top three run outs! :| a game i was winning comfortable came out to be so close just because of the run outs even when i didnt need those extra close singles (run rate wasnt demanding). And i kept both the batsmen on same aggression. Still it happened. In the previous game there were 4 run outs. Please trim them down in the next patch. :|[ATTACH=CONFIG]862[/ATTACH]
    Could the suicidal run be caused by increased batting aggression ?
    Bell's strike rate is crazy on your scoreboard !!

Comment

Maybe :| in earlier versions only difference between the aggression of the two batsmen would result in run outs. This is a new thing added it seems. increased aggression = frequent run outs. I had them at 4 less than max aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by faizangmc View Post
        Maybe :| in earlier versions only difference between the aggression of the two batsmen would result in run outs. This is a new thing added it seems. increased aggression = frequent run outs. I had them at 4 less than max aggression.
        I see maybe a run out every other game in 20/40/50 over games .. in which at least the final 10 overs would be either one off the max or the mex itself .. or the whole 20 overs if a 20/20 game.

I've never seen 3 in an innings before as far as I can remember .... thats not saying much though

Comment

The issue is the batsmen take too many singles on balls hit DIRECTLY to the infielder. Especially mid-on and mid-off, those are suicidal runs in real cricket because the fielder has 3 stumps to aim at on the non-striker end. But in ICC the ball always goes the keeper end.

The batsmen judgement needs to be tweaked.
          Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Run outs have never been a problem for me

Comment

Originally posted by UTBash View Post
              Run outs have never been a problem for me
              Same, they're inconvenient, but usually my batsmen get out to stupid shots instead.
              Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
                Same, they're inconvenient, but usually my batsmen get out to stupid shots instead.
                Exactly, run outs are normally inconvenient and come at the totally wrong time irl anyway

Comment

Don't know u guyz noticed that or not but most of the run outs are done by that short cover fielder lol

Comment

I think there could be another batting slider determining the level of risk to take when running between the wicket.

Comment

Originally posted by graham_5000 View Post
                      i think there could be another batting slider determining the level of risk to take when running between the wicket.
                      spot on!

Comment

i have noticed that in-game run outs occur frequently while facing weak bowling sides as they don't have capabilities of taking wickets and game has to show its closeness when minnows can overcome ur potential ...
                        by the way idea of graham is good one..

Comment

I wouldn't say that I've noticed that there are too many run outs.

Comment

most of the time it's fine, as said run outs are never expected in cricket but I've had my openers on one bar running after the ball goes to the man at short cover!

Comment

Yeah mine seems fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X