Ipl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipl

I have not tried out the IPL competition yet and I was wondering what people thought of it? Also, does anyone have a career that they can post on this forum?

I play the IPL amongst other saves - Chennai

Very tactical in terms of custom fielding etc

Comment

Could you post it onto the forum? Would be very interested

Comment

Originally posted by jammyd View Post
        Could you post it onto the forum? Would be very interested
        I barely get much time to play let alone post a story mate
        ...but maybe I can post my squad and first XI etc, plus some tactics tonight when I get home
        - is that ok for you ?

Comment

Hi mate

sorry for delay in posting

All I've got for you unfortunately is my squad (2014), team and tactics.

Squad
          =====

Batsmen - Raina, Vijay & Kaif
          WK - Dhoni
          LS - Du Plessis, Steve Smith & Afridi
          OS - Maxwell & Ashwin
          SLA - Jadeja & Van der Merwe
          RFM - Dwayne Bravo & A.Morkel
          RM - P.Kumar & K.Pollard
          LFM - Franklin
          LF - Nannes
          ... plus another 6 young Indian guys who didn't cost much and will only play in an emergency.

As you are limited to 4 overseas guys in a team it goes without saying to get the strongest 7 Indian players possible. Raina, Vijay, Kaif and Dhoni are very strong for me, and Ashwin, Jadeja and Praveen Kumar do the business with both bat and ball.

Fist XI

Raina
          Vijay
          Kaif
          Dhoni
          Afridi *
          Pollard *
          A.Morkel *
          Jadeja
          Franklin *
          Ashwin
          P.Kumar

* Overseas

Franklin & Nannes are interchangable as I like to have a left arm bowler for variation, plus having a RM bowler is good too for the same reason. If Pollard isn't doing it then in comes Bravo.

I tend to bowl seam at one end and spin the other .. give each bowler 2 overs each then whoever is doing well in terms of wickets and economy gets to bowl their remaining overs etc.
          All seamers bowl at the off-stump, all spinners bowl anywhere apart from the batsmen's strength.
          Use custom fielding (se Scritty's videos for these as I found them really helpful and this was why I switched from the default field placings) ... 4 guys saving a single for all bowlers - normally point, cover, square leg and midwicket, but all well in from the circle, maybe halfway.

Thats it really - hope that's of use to you ...
          Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 07-25-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X