Weather and pitches in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather and pitches in South Africa

I was wondering whether it is possible to have different climates for different countries and indeed different regions?

In general I reckon there is too much wear and too little cloud in South Africa in the game. Newlands is the only major ground that is in a dry summer region, and appropriately is the only ground which wears significantly on days 4 and 5 (in real life).

The remaining grounds are in wet summer regions where frequent downpours, thunderstorms, or heavy "close" humid days deny wickets much opportunity to dry out the pitch. It would be nice if the game could replicate this.

Is it possible to alter the weather for SA with the exception of the Western Cape and the west of the Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth)?

PS. The pitches seem to wear in the game in SA - in real life the bounce may become uneven but it is unlikely it will slow up with balls gripping the surface (Newlands and PE are notable exceptions). I think the SA pitch characteristics for SA could be altered seeing as there isn't much wear in real life.

I might put this in the feature requests (the weather bit as I know that the pitch differences between countries are already simulated).

Comment

Also with the altitude in Johannesburg, most of the Limited over games is normally high scoring games where the team batting second able to chase almost anything.

Comment

Hence the 438 game! I would say the Wanderers pitch conditions are good for batting but the aerial conditions are often good for swing bowlers when the cloud and storms are near. Down at Centurion though, green mambas are prepared! Two very difterent highveldt pitches although neither offer much for spinners. The summer moisture is normally in the air at both.

Comment

Working...
        X