ODI realism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODI realism

I realise I have been talking about this on the FC/Test thread, so I thought I would post here.

I think T20s are a lot better in this version, but I personally struggle to enjoy ODIs. Both team tend to score over 300 and often chasing 330 odd is easy both for me and the opposition. I have never played an ODI where I have thought 230 would be a competitive score, so perhaps there should be the odd game where the pitch or weather is a little worse? More realistic weather might be nice too..

It would be nice if there were some games where both teams score between 200 and 250!

Well I have completed my first season as England and I have won each ODI series by one game apart from the Champions Trophy which I lost in the semi final. My lowest total in the first season was 282 and the lowest total I restricted an opposition to is 294 apart from one match where I bowled them out for 143 but to be fair they were chasing 410 and had to attack from the word go!

I have conceded 400+ twice and posted it 3 times. I would say par score in my game is about 330 (both for me and the opposition). I would expect a normal distribution with an average between 240 and 260 depending on conditions.. What do you reckon?

Comment

Is the match engine the same for the 40 over stuff as ODIs? I haven't played with an international team, but on my county save I'm seeing a very good range of scores that it is possible to defend.

Comment

It is the 50 over game that is having the highest run rates I find. I am never confident if I post less than 300!

Comment

Though my scores have been quite high in general, I've rarely gone past 300 against decent opposition (in other words, barring Zimbabwe and associate nations). They tend to be quite a wide range and I've sometimes managed to even defend low scores around 220 with very aggressive fields. I'm really not sure why, in your save, you're posting/conceding such massive totals!

Comment

I just went through the 1st season of ODI's in my story.

My average score is 231 in 47 overs or 4.94 per over. HS 337.
            My opponents score 210 in 41 overs on average or 5.17 per over. HS 282.
            That's an overall run rate of 5.05.

If you only look at completed innings, ie ones that lasted 50 overs, I averaged 248 and my opponents 254, so it is strangely high in your save.

Maybe on your alternate timeline someone decided al boundaries should be 50 metres. Are you on the most recent patch?

Comment

Your scores sound normal! Maybe I am rubbish at defensive bowling and amazing at aggressive batting?!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SA stats.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	53205Click image for larger version

Name:	SA stats.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	53205

Attached are the series averages for the Windies and South Africa in my new SA save. The match is from December 2014, Kallis has retired and de Kock injured. I won the series 2-1 but as you can see the bowler economy rates are pretty high!

PS What do I need to save my paint document as to make the resolution high enough when I upload it here?!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Graham_5000; 07-30-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

You can bypass paint altogether if you use hyperdesktop. It acts in the same way as printscreen and automatically uploads your printscreens to Imgur (www.gethyperdesktop.com if you're interested).

Comment

Thanks!

Have had some realistic scores when playing a World Cup just now. Possibly some greater weather effects might slow the run rate down? I feel that bad weather and wickets makes losing a wicket more likely but doesn't massively affect run rate. On 4 bars I can still score at about 5 an over with aggressive batsmen.

I would love to see pitch speeds in the next game though as batsmen need a totally different approach on a slow wicket where 4.2 an over might be a winning run rate!

Comment

Working...
                    X