• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• • Cricket Captain Premier League - Series 1 - Discussion Thread •

• - Cricket Captain Premier League - •
    • - Series 1 - •
    • - Discussion Thread - •

Hey guys and welcome to the very first 'Cricket Captain Premier League Series'! This is the discussion thread for the series , and you can discuss anything you want about the competition within reason on this thread! There is also another thread , containing the tables , results and fixtures. Please DO NOT post in that thread , as that is designed to be uncluttered to allow people to get easy access to information!

You can find the tables , fixtures and results thread here : (not posted yet)

All games in the premier league will be played in T20 mode , and it is up to the competitors to decide what highlights they want to watch. For the first series , which is going to be a major trial event which will hopefully be successful , there will be 2 leagues of 5 teams. Because obviously there is no home and away in this game , each team will play every other team in their league once , meaning 4 games per team. Once all games are played , the top two teams in each league will then be put into the semi-finals , with the winners then playing in a final to be the cricket captain premier league winners!

When in the league , a win will give you 2 points , a tie will give you 1 point. If a fixture is failed to play by the deadline set , then the match will either be declared a no result with both teams gaining one point , or the least pro-active team in attempting to organise the fixture will lose the game. To avoid any confusion here (I don't mean to sound cocky , sorry ) , the final decision will come down to me.

Rules :

• All teams will be put into two leagues of five , and play each team in their league once.
    • A win will give you two points , and a tie will give you 1 point.
    • The top two teams will be put into the semi-finals , with the winners playing the final.
    • A screenshot MUST be taken at the end of each INNINGS showing the full scorecard in that innings. This allows us to make up a stats table.
    • If you believe you're opponent disconnected purposely , please upload relevant screenshots , and I will come to a decision over the matter.
    • If a knockout match is a tie , it will come down to the amount of wickets lost.
    • All players must play with their English county given to them at the start of the season.
    • No progress must be made in the English county season from the start of the 2013 season with the team.
    • The result of the game must be posted in this thread shortly after this game , along with the screenshots of BOTH innings by either player.
    • All games must take place in the T20 format.
    • Anyone found cheating , will be suitably punished , and possibly forced to forfeit all their games , or be replaced by another player depending on the position in the series.
    • It is preferable that you do not organise your own games before they have been scheduled as this can create problems , and also give you a longer wait later.
    • In the event two teams have the same amount of points in the league once all games are complete , their net run rate shall be calculated.

To begin with , we need the ten teams. Everyone who wishes to participate , please post here saying you are interested , a random draw will take place if we get more than 10 people interested , and then shortly after another random draw to give everyone a county team. Just a reminder NOT to continue your team in any way past the start of the 2013 season. To take part , you will need to be devoted enough , and be able to have enough time to complete at least 2 games a week as a minimum , and also have the ability to upload the screenshots of the two innings onto this thread .
    Last edited by Hampshire; 07-09-2013, 06:00 PM.

Originally posted by Hampshire View Post
    • - Cricket Captain Premier League - •
    • - Series 1 - •
    • - Discussion Thread - •

Hey guys and welcome to the very first 'Cricket Captain Premier League Series'! This is the discussion thread for the series , and you can discuss anything you want about the competition within reason on this thread! There is also another thread , containing the tables , results and fixtures. Please DO NOT post in that thread , as that is designed to be uncluttered to allow people to get easy access to information!

You can find the tables , fixtures and results thread here : (not posted yet)

All games in the premier league will be played in T20 mode , and it is up to the competitors to decide what highlights they want to watch. For the first series , which is going to be a major trial event which will hopefully be successful , there will be 2 leagues of 5 teams. Because obviously there is no home and away in this game , each team will play every other team in their league once , meaning 4 games per team. Once all games are played , the top two teams in each league will then be put into the semi-finals , with the winners then playing in a final to be the cricket captain premier league winners!

When in the league , a win will give you 2 points , a tie will give you 1 point. If a fixture is failed to play by the deadline set , then the match will either be declared a no result with both teams gaining one point , or the least pro-active team in attempting to organise the fixture will lose the game. To avoid any confusion here (I don't mean to sound cocky , sorry ) , the final decision will come down to me.

Rules :

• All teams will be put into two leagues of five , and play each team in their league once.
    • A win will give you two points , and a tie will give you 1 point.
    • The top two teams will be put into the semi-finals , with the winners playing the final.
    • A screenshot MUST be taken at the end of each INNINGS showing the full scorecard in that innings. This allows us to make up a stats table.
    • If you believe you're opponent disconnected purposely , please upload relevant screenshots , and I will come to a decision over the matter.
    • If a knockout match is a tie , it will come down to the amount of wickets lost.
    • All players must play with their English county given to them at the start of the season.
    • No progress must be made in the English county season from the start of the 2013 season with the team.
    • The result of the game must be posted in this thread shortly after this game , along with the screenshots of BOTH innings by either player.
    • All games must take place in the T20 format.
    • Anyone found cheating , will be suitably punished , and possibly forced to forfeit all their games , or be replaced by another player depending on the position in the series.
    • It is preferable that you do not organise your own games before they have been scheduled as this can create problems , and also give you a longer wait later.
    • In the event two teams have the same amount of points in the league once all games are complete , their net run rate shall be calculated.

To begin with , we need the ten teams. Everyone who wishes to participate , please post here saying you are interested , a random draw will take place if we get more than 10 people interested , and then shortly after another random draw to give everyone a county team. Just a reminder NOT to continue your team in any way past the start of the 2013 season. To take part , you will need to be devoted enough , and be able to have enough time to complete at least 2 games a week as a minimum , and also have the ability to upload the screenshots of the two innings onto this thread .
    interested

Comment

Good good! May join myself depending on player count and stuff. Also , if you could avoid quoting the original post in your post (maybe edit yours out please) to avoid taking up loads of space please !

Comment

Yes

Hi there I am very much interested if that's ok

Comment

Yawn another one? . There is one already. If everyone had been available on saturday, we'd have started the leagues.

Comment

interested

Comment

In, lets hope it happens

Comment

Originally posted by fireinbabylon View Post
                Yawn another one? . There is one already. If everyone had been available on saturday, we'd have started the leagues.
                The other one has been cancelled as the runner does not have enough time , and it was also very disorganised.

People interested so far :

deepakkumar
                Johnyboy
                Mr.Cricket
                Lanky

As I said , if we get too many there will be a random draw! If it is successful this time round , then I hope we can include more people if we do it again !

Comment

Very interested.

Comment

The other one has been cancelled as the runner does not have enough time , and it was also very disorganised.

People interested so far :

deepakkumar
                    Johnyboy
                    Mr.Cricket
                    Lanky

As I said , if we get too many there will be a random draw! If it is successful this time round , then I hope we can include more people if we do it again !
                    Disorganised? If you were so interested, you should have been available on saturday when we were ready to start. We only had 5-6 active. There are 15 registered players there and the maximum number of players even if we have 2 tiers is 16. People seemingly interested here are interested in any tournament organised by anyone. If someone, say John or Harry opened a new thread, those would be the first to show interest. We've had the same 4-5 players just hanging around for someone to organise. There are 3 new players on the league forum in the last couple of days and they are active online players. If you've not registered yet, do so. If people are active and available, we could send an e-mail to Mart and start this weekend.

Comment

-cut-
                      He clearly stated he did not want to run it any more. They had no fixtures , no complete by dates , no rules , and basically no structure.

I was online pretty much the whole evening that weekend waiting for the game I was supposed to play. If you would like to moan about how that competition was run , please go to that thread. This thread is about this competition.

Comment

Disorganised? If you were so interested, you should have been available on saturday when we were ready to start. We only had 5-6 active. There are 15 registered players there and the maximum number of players even if we have 2 tiers is 16. People seemingly interested here are interested in any tournament organised by anyone. If someone, say John or Harry opened a new thread, those would be the first to show interest. We've had the same 4-5 players just hanging around for someone to organise. There are 3 new players on the league forum in the last couple of days and they are active online players. If you've not registered yet, do so. If people are active and available, we could send an e-mail to Mart and start this weekend.
                        lolzzzz i also have couple of friends who are interested ashish and sialkot..... And it would be better if the two torneys patch up and introduce one single torney if possible..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Cricket View Post
                          lolzzzz i also have couple of friends who are interested ashish and sialkot..... And it would be better if the two torneys patch up and introduce one single torney if possible..
                          As I have said , there is only ONE tournament at the moment. THIS tournament. The other has been closed as the owner does not want to run it anymore. If your friends would like to join this tournament , please get them to post here .

Comment

As I have said , there is only ONE tournament at the moment. THIS tournament. The other has been closed as the owner does not want to run it anymore. If your friends would like to join this tournament , please get them to post here .
                            I think he is talking about this tournament..... http://iccpremierleague.ipbfree.co.uk/
                            not the previous one :P

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Cricket View Post
                              I think he is talking about this tournament..... http://iccpremierleague.ipbfree.co.uk/
                              not the previous one :P
                              That's the exact same tournament... They set up a forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X