England Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd T20i vs Aus

Team News: We replace Swann with Anderson. Australia make no changes.

They won the toss and batted.

Well despite a great start and the wicket of Watson, Topley seemed to get worse. Broad on the other hand bowled a great opening spell. Taking 5-21! Rohrer and Faulkner were the men to bat most of the innings out from this point as they built a respectable score.

Our attacking approach paid off as everyone went over a run a ball steadily. It was Ballance who took responsibility in the end to finish them off.

Batting Award Gary Ballance. The young man showing his talent again!
    Bowling Award Stuart Broad. 5 wickets in a T20!
    Series Result 1-1 Draw.

Comment

ODI Series Squads

England Australia
      Ian Bell Michael Clarke
      Kevin Pietersen George Bailey
      Gary Ballance Phil Hughes
      James Taylor Adam Voges
      Alastair Cook David Warner
      Jonathan Trott Shane Watson
      Craig Kieswetter Matthew Wade
      Jos Buttler James Faulkner
      Ravi Bopara Mitchell Marsh
      Stuart Broad Glenn Maxwell
      James Anderson Mitchell Johnson
      Reece Topley Mitchell Starc
      Simon Kerrigan Nathan Coulter-Nile
      Graeme Swann Xavier Doherty
      Steven Finn Clint Mckay
      Last edited by UTBash; 07-12-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

ODI Friendly

We played Ireland in a one day friendly and made it a lot harder than we should have!

Comment

First ODI vs Aus

Steven Finn misses out as Reece Topley is given an early chance in the series. Kevin Pietersen makes his ODI return for us!

ENG XI: Cook, Kieswetter, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Bopara, Buttler, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Topley.

AUS XI: Watson, Warner, Clarke, Hughes, Voges, Maxwell, Bailey, Wade, Faulkner, Johnson, Mckay.

Aus won the toss and batted.

The main who's caused to much damage recently, Watson, fell in the first over, a wicket maiden! Topley followed Anderson by taking the wicket of Clarke in his first over! Runs came slowly as the Aussies looked to rebuild but Bopara took advantage of the overcast weather to pick up 3-38 from his 10! Anderson and Broad joined Bopara with great figures as we had them 207-9 at the finish.

We had what you'd call a very steady start. 27-0 from 10. However this set us up a great platform, allowing us to score 74 from the next 10, despite losing Kieswetter. Glenn Maxwell was a bit overused even after bowling just 4 overs, going for 39. He was replaced by Watson who bowled magnificently taking 2-25. Pietersen however returned to hit an unbeaten 50, hitting a 4 to bring up the win and the milestone!

Batting Award Alastair Cook. Joined up with the squad to once again show why he's one of the best!
          Bowling Award Stuart Broad. Great return from his expensive first spell to finish the innings off with great death bowling.
          Series State England lead 1-0 with 4 games remaining.

Comment

You have Clint McKay and Steve Finn the wrong way round in the squads. Will be interesting to see how the two keepers thing keeps against the Aussies... Good luck and well storied!

Comment

Has anyone seen how the Aussie teams seem to have batsmen at no.7 ... even if Haddin/Wade are in earlier wouldn't they pick an allrounder ?

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                You have Clint McKay and Steve Finn the wrong way round in the squads. Will be interesting to see how the two keepers thing keeps against the Aussies... Good luck and well storied!
                Yeah we made a swap deal during the transfer window.... haha will change it now!

I love opening with Kieswetter and let him have a go with trott or bell to come in and steady it if he goes early. Buttler is really good lower down striking at 137 and averaging 20 so he's an impact player like IRL!

Thanks glad you're enjoying it

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                  Has anyone seen how the Aussie teams seem to have batsmen at no.7 ... even if Haddin/Wade are in earlier wouldn't they pick an allrounder ?
                  Got to admit I've not noticed this mate, Faulkner generally follows Wade in my game.

They do bat a very long way down though.
                  Last edited by UTBash; 07-12-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

2nd ODI vs Aus

Team News: No changes for either side. They want revenge!

Aus won the toss and chose to bowl.

Our first 10 overs saw the dismissal of Cook as Watson and Faulkner both bowled tightly. Kieswetter brought his 50 up in the 17th from just as many balls. After 30 overs we were well set at 140-3. However the dismissals of Kiesy and Bell in quick succession was the start of a collapse which we never recovered from and a certain 290 turned into 240-9.

I forgot to play and type as I got well into this game! They started well, smashing Topley in particular. However Anderson took 3 quick wickets and they ended up falling to 100-5. Voges provided a scare showing his form again by hitting the first century of the series before Broad bowled him. Faulkner and Johnson almost did it taking the equation to 12 needed from 12 balls before Broad and Anderson cleaned up.

Batting Award Craig Kieswetter. Used his free pass to hit out very well, striking at 95 before running himself out.
                    Bowling Award Stuart Broad. 4 great wickets as he continues his form in the limited overs games.
                    Series State England lead 2-0 with 3 games left.

Comment

Originally posted by UTBash View Post
                      Got to admit I've not noticed this mate, Faulkner generally follows Wade in my game.

They do bat a very long way down though.
                      I guess in Tests this might not be an issue with Watson higher up the order but in ODI and T20 games this goes back to the AI only bowling 5 bowlers ... most teams would pick 6 or 5 plus a part-timer (Root/Pieterson etc) I think

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                        I guess in Tests this might not be an issue with Watson higher up the order but in ODI and T20 games this goes back to the AI only bowling 5 bowlers ... most teams would pick 6 or 5 plus a part-timer (Root/Pieterson etc) I think
                        Yeah I get what you mean, the AI doesn't think to chuck the ball to say Voges for an over or two to pick a wicket up in ODI and T20's

Comment

Originally posted by UTBash View Post
                          Yeah I get what you mean, the AI doesn't think to chuck the ball to say Voges for an over or two to pick a wicket up in ODI and T20's
                          Exactly

Shame that the Aussies seem to have better part-timers than England !

Forgot to mention I'm loving this story mate !

Comment

Good series. Can you tell me how you check the tournament/series stats in ICC2013? (Like who has most runs, or who has most wickets). I want to check the the IPL tournament stats. (in my Delhi Daredevils save).

Comment

Originally posted by ankur_sharma309 View Post
                              Good series. Can you tell me how you check the tournament/series stats in ICC2013? (Like who has most runs, or who has most wickets). I want to check the the IPL tournament stats. (in my Delhi Daredevils save).
                              Sure I've seen the option to only view Indian 20/20 games in the menu that normally shows First Class, One Day etc etc during my Chennai save a few days ago .. just toggle until you see it
                              I've only seen this when looking at Chennai but Id hope that if you were viewing all players that you could adjust your filters to views the same ....

Comment

3rd ODI vs Aus

Team News: Kerrigan and Ballance in for Trott and Topley. Both players to make their debut! Australia once again make no changes.

We won the toss and chose to bat.

Gary Ballance at number 5 found himself in by the 7th over! We were 29-3! Despite the position, his debut marked his maiden ODI 50 under immense pressure. Buttler supported him with a measured 30 and although our run rate wasn't the best, a late flourish from Broad and Swann took us over 200.

We struggled to control run rate for the first 10 as the Aussies were in a position where they could control the game. The introduction of Swann brought 2 wickets in 2 overs and at 3 down, the in form Voges entered the crease. Once again we had no answer to Voges and he took them home with ease.

Batting Award Garry Ballance. The debutant rescued us with a gritty innings.
                                Bowling Award Graeme Swann. A good spell of bowling from him.
                                Series State England lead 2-1 with 2 games remaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X