Indian Bowlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Bowlers

In this version I am seeing the bowlers of India are very underrated. Ravi Ashwin who was very good in ICC2012 has been downgraded and I just completed 1 season with him with an avg. of 46 in ODI and 32 in Tests.

Secondly no other bowler is giving satisfactory performance specially in the Pace section. All are very bad whether Praveen, Bhuvneshwar, Umesh Yadav, Zaheer or Ishant.

Lastly only Ravi Jadeja is good in both batting and bowling dept. I think he is a bit overpowered but it's ok given his recent performance.

Batting on the other hand is splendid. Kohli, Vijay, Raina, Pujara, Rahane, Dhawan are very good prospects.

Originally posted by anuragvivek93 View Post
    In this version I am seeing the bowlers of India are very underrated. Ravi Ashwin who was very good in ICC2012 has been downgraded and I just completed 1 season with him with an avg. of 46 in ODI and 32 in Tests.

Secondly no other bowler is giving satisfactory performance specially in the Pace section. All are very bad whether Praveen, Bhuvneshwar, Umesh Yadav, Zaheer or Ishant.

Lastly only Ravi Jadeja is good in both batting and bowling dept. I think he is a bit overpowered but it's ok given his recent performance.

Batting on the other hand is splendid. Kohli, Vijay, Raina, Pujara, Rahane, Dhawan are very good prospects.
    don't take this the wrong way.. but none of the indian bowlers are really established as good/amazing

would you put Ashwin in the same class as swann, Ajmal etc.
    and would you put yadav etc. in the class of morkel, steyn,philander, junaid khan, Anderson etc.. and the successful Indian bowlers have been rated.. Bhuvneshwar kumar has been rated really good.. whilst Yadav as we've seen has good pace, put lacks in factors such as swing, variations line/length etc... Ishant Sharma is the most inconsistent fellow around, one match his figures will be good the next he'll get smashed around for loads.. Zaheer khan has aged and isn't as good as he once was as with most players when they age especially fast bowlers because the loose upper body strength thus speed and direction are lost

And i don't think Ashwin is bad he is a rateable bowler.. i mean in the game no idea about your season but he averaged 27 in tests and 31 in odis with over 40 wickets in both forms
    Last edited by CharlesDarwini; 07-02-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Does the same go with the ios version ?? Or is it the rating of only the pc version

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesDarwini View Post
        don't take this the wrong way.. but none of the indian bowlers are really established as good/amazing

would you put Ashwin in the same class as swann, Ajmal etc.
        and would you put yadav etc. in the class of morkel, steyn,philander, junaid khan, Anderson etc.. and the successful Indian bowlers have been rated.. Bhuvneshwar kumar has been rated really good.. whilst Yadav as we've seen has good pace, put lacks in factors such as swing, variations line/length etc... Ishant Sharma is the most inconsistent fellow around, one match his figures will be good the next he'll get smashed around for loads.. Zaheer khan has aged and isn't as good as he once was as with most players when they age especially fast bowlers because the loose upper body strength thus speed and direction are lost

And i don't think Ashwin is bad he is a rateable bowler.. i mean in the game no idea about your season but he averaged 27 in tests and 31 in odis with over 40 wickets in both forms
        Yeah i have to agree with Charles. As far the top 8 test nations go, i think it's fair to say that despite having a powerful batting lineup, India has arguably the weakest bowling attack in World cricket. As of now, B Kumar is good with the new ball in limited overs cricket but averages 40 from 4 tests. Yadav has potential but is far from an A rate bowler. Your ave of 32 in tests for Ashwin is very close to his actual test average and I Sharma averages just under 40 in test with 30 in ODIs and 44 in T20Is irl. Z Khan has also averaged 40 in tests over the last 12 months, so after looking at those numbers I have to say I don't agree that Indian bowlers are underrated. Also in the recently concluded test series against Eng and Aus the commentators repeatedly spoke of how wickets fell to variation of the pitch, which means there was little the bowlers did, and lots the pitch did
        Last edited by nids; 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X