Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Technique Training question?

Hi all,
    I am asking what the age cut off point is for general technique training on youngsters?, ie when general technique training no longer has an effect.
    Also I have a number of young players aged 20-23 in my first team who have played 20 - 30 fc games already, am I wasting technique coaching points on them as they are developing by playing 1st team cricket? or should I keep them on general technique training to a certain age?, I have read the manual and it is a bit vague on this.
    Any help or advice on this subject would be great.

Originally posted by MarkNotts View Post
    Hi all,
    I am asking what the age cut off point is for general technique training on youngsters?, ie when general technique training no longer has an effect.
    Also I have a number of young players aged 20-23 in my first team who have played 20 - 30 fc games already, am I wasting technique coaching points on them as they are developing by playing 1st team cricket? or should I keep them on general technique training to a certain age?, I have read the manual and it is a bit vague on this.
    Any help or advice on this subject would be great.
    Hi mate,

Generally speaking, I tend to use General Technique on players until they are about 25-26 years old, and then use specific training (i.e. Fast, Spin, Leg/Off, etc.) until they are about 29-30. From there it is just batting/bowling practice.

From memory that was the guidelines given by Sureshot and Chris, it seems to work pretty well for me.

Obviously the more games a player plays, the better idea you'll get whether they are worth persisting with or not. I generally like to give them about 30 games (or 2 seasons) and if they aren't performing as I'd like, then I look at the new crop of youth players.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    H
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
      Hi mate,

Generally speaking, I tend to use General Technique on players until they are about 25-26 years old, and then use specific training (i.e. Fast, Spin, Leg/Off, etc.) until they are about 29-30. From there it is just batting/bowling practice.

From memory that was the guidelines given by Sureshot and Chris, it seems to work pretty well for me.

Obviously the more games a player plays, the better idea you'll get whether they are worth persisting with or not. I generally like to give them about 30 games (or 2 seasons) and if they aren't performing as I'd like, then I look at the new crop of youth players.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
      H
      Many thanks H

Comment

Working...
      X