X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cricfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
    Hmm, I quite like it myself, but I always access from http://forum.childishdownloads.co.uk so it's not all in the panel you get from the main site. There probably will be one out there more to your taste though!
    Thanks for the URL this good view ....

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    As said, if you can find some vB4.2 styles you like, suggest them. It's not something we can really put time in to research for at the moment, but post some sensible suggestions and we'll have a look.

Leave a comment:

• ab5ides1
    replied
    Ah, if it was necessary then that makes more sense. I aim to be around here more anyway, especially with the release of the next version of the game coming up in the not-too-distant future.

Leave a comment:

• Imager36
    replied
    Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
    I'm not sure about others, but for me it was less the spam that made me (for the most part) stop posting around the place, but more that the 'new' (it's not exactly new by now I suppose) design of the forums that makes them considerably less aesthetically pleasing and navigable (but of course, that could be entirely down to personal preference).
    Hmm, I quite like it myself, but I always access from http://forum.childishdownloads.co.uk so it's not all in the panel you get from the main site. There probably will be one out there more to your taste though!

Leave a comment:

• Alrounder80
    replied
    Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
    I'm not sure about others, but for me it was less the spam that made me (for the most part) stop posting around the place, but more that the 'new' (it's not exactly new by now I suppose) design of the forums that makes them considerably less aesthetically pleasing and navigable (but of course, that could be entirely down to personal preference).
    I agree, that put me off this forum for quite a while actually.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    The upgrade to VB4 was a necessity. Feel free to look at VB4 forum styles and make recommendations, more than happy to install some to choose from.

Leave a comment:

• ab5ides1
    replied
    Welcome back, Mr. H!
    Luckily the spam seems to have gone missing so the forum'll be a bit easier to sort!
    I'm not sure about others, but for me it was less the spam that made me (for the most part) stop posting around the place, but more that the 'new' (it's not exactly new by now I suppose) design of the forums that makes them considerably less aesthetically pleasing and navigable (but of course, that could be entirely down to personal preference). Regardless, good to hear there's a dedicated aussie statsman - maybe some down-to-Earth Australianism will mean Mitchell Marsh and Nathan Lyon will be less godly in the next installment. :P

Leave a comment:

• Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Not luck, took quite a bit of time to sort out, but we've hopefully get the solution, as it has been under control for about 3-4 months now. It was a mess, though.
    well whatever you did mate it's certainly much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Welcome back, Mr. H!

Any extra time people are putting into the game is, of course, always welcome to everyone around here, so good luck with helping the Aussie database. Luckily the spam seems to have gone missing so the forum'll be a bit easier to sort!
    Not luck, took quite a bit of time to sort out, but we've hopefully get the solution, as it has been under control for about 3-4 months now. It was a mess, though.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Hi Henry.

Leave a comment:

• Imager36
    replied
    Welcome back, Mr. H!

Any extra time people are putting into the game is, of course, always welcome to everyone around here, so good luck with helping the Aussie database. Luckily the spam seems to have gone missing so the forum'll be a bit easier to sort!

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Your third bullet point won't happen, you can, however, change the team names yourself.

The AI on switching states is awkward, I'll have a word with Chris about it.

Welcome to the team, Henry.

Leave a comment:

• KGKOOLKAT777
    replied
    Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
    Hi all,

Just taking the opportunity to introduce myself to everyone.

My name's Henry, I've been a big fan of ICC since I first played (and still own and pull out on occasion!) ICC2000, and have purchased and clocked remarkable hours on each version since.

I've been a member of the forums for over 4 years now, with a bit of a hiatus over the last 12-18 months due to other commitments consuming my time (namely Uni!) but now that's all done I plan to be back more often.

Over the last three versions of International Cricket Captain, I've been helping Sureshot with a lot of the Australian databases and statistics and I guess, like most here, am a massive stats nut.

Moving forward I will be helping Sureshot (and by extension Chris Child) considerably with future releases, assisting mainly with the Australian side of things.

Flicking through recent threads over the past few days, its great to see a lot of the older faces still around and enjoying the game. I look forward to reigniting a few of the great discussions we've had in the past on these forums.

For now, I'll be giving Sureshot a bit of a chop out on the forums as well as assisting with the new release, as he ramps up his time and energy towards 2013.

Love to have a chat with anyone about cricket, stats, ICC. I've played thousands of hours so I'd like to think I know the game quite well, keeping in mind it can be never mastered!

I can't wait to get back into ICC hardcore!

Cheers,

H
    Hello,

I am glad we have an expert on the Australian database because I have found the Australian system one of the weaker aspects of the game. Being an Australian myself I feel there is a few areas which could be improved on, mainly the database which I will expand upon later. A few other things are:
    • Players switching states should have a reason e.g. not playing enough or not getting enough money and you should be informed before the contracts to be able to negotiate a deal
    • A player doesn't just randomly move states, there has to be some negotiation between various clubs
    • The BBL teams should use the actual names not Sydney Red and so on

There are a few other things like the database which I shall expand on later.

Leave a comment:

• the_trademarc
    started a topic About Myself

About Myself

Hi all,

Just taking the opportunity to introduce myself to everyone.

My name's Henry, I've been a big fan of ICC since I first played (and still own and pull out on occasion!) ICC2000, and have purchased and clocked remarkable hours on each version since.

I've been a member of the forums for over 4 years now, with a bit of a hiatus over the last 12-18 months due to other commitments consuming my time (namely Uni!) but now that's all done I plan to be back more often.

Over the last three versions of International Cricket Captain, I've been helping Sureshot with a lot of the Australian databases and statistics and I guess, like most here, am a massive stats nut.

Moving forward I will be helping Sureshot (and by extension Chris Child) considerably with future releases, assisting mainly with the Australian side of things.

Flicking through recent threads over the past few days, its great to see a lot of the older faces still around and enjoying the game. I look forward to reigniting a few of the great discussions we've had in the past on these forums.

For now, I'll be giving Sureshot a bit of a chop out on the forums as well as assisting with the new release, as he ramps up his time and energy towards 2013.

Love to have a chat with anyone about cricket, stats, ICC. I've played thousands of hours so I'd like to think I know the game quite well, keeping in mind it can be never mastered!

I can't wait to get back into ICC hardcore!

Cheers,

H
Working...
X