Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proteas of the future. ICC 2013 should aim greater accuracy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Victor Mpitsang, Free State and Knights, not played in 15 months, I am assuming he's retired?
    You are right! He is a great pundit now..

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Victor Mpitsang, Free State and Knights, not played in 15 months, I am assuming he's retired?

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade007 View Post
    Another player who's abilities needs to be reduced is Deeb. After about 3/4 years into the game he is the main spinner in the SA team in all formats and is ranked in the top 20 in all formats.
    I agree. I think he has been mentioned earlier somewhere, alongside Piedt and Simetu. I think that a greater random element should apply to some of these young players. In some saved games they should become test legends, whilst in others mediocre domestic players at best!

Leave a comment:

• Blade007
    replied
    Another player who's abilities needs to be reduced is Deeb. After about 3/4 years into the game he is the main spinner in the SA team in all formats and is ranked in the top 20 in all formats.

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    My personal view is that Morris will play regularly in the limited overs teams (he has already played a few), and that Abbott, Gqamane, Viljoen and who knows, maybe young Savage have more test match potential.

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Chris Morris - I notice he is now playing in the Indian 20 over, his batting stats look a bit inflated, is it fair to see he's more of a bowler who can bat a bit? His batting record in the last 12 months isn't anything special.
    I would say he is more of a bowler for sure. A possible batsman 8 in the future at international level? Maybe a 7 at best..
    Last edited by Graham_5000; 04-27-2013, 12:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KGKOOLKAT777
    replied
    Chris Morris - I notice he is now playing in the Indian 20 over, his batting stats look a bit inflated, is it fair to see he's more of a bowler who can bat a bit? His batting record in the last 12 months isn't anything special.
    Yeah I was wondering that too. Before the IPL I'd only heard of him through Cricket Captain and he was batting at 3 and basically a part time bowler for the South African team.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Amla has announced today that he is leaving the Dolphins and moving to Cape Town to play for the Cobras! That is the first squad change I notice.

The Cobras international test players are now Smith, Amla, Duminy, Kallis, Steyn Philander and Kleinveldt - pretty handy when they are all there at the beginning of next season for a couple of matches!

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Anyone know the latest on Johann Myburgh, opener who spent end of last summer at Durham, I believe spent some time in NZ cricket but is South African.

He's not played a game since end of August, his form was pretty poor. I know he was originally only signed until the end of the season.

His player profile is not on the Durham website and there is no news about him playing elsewhere. I'm assuming he's doing something outside of cricket.

Did he not qualify for NZ when he went there for a few years? Anyway I think he is playing for Sutton in the Surrey Premier League (he played there in 2003).
    Last edited by Graham_5000; 04-21-2013, 06:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Anyone know the latest on Johann Myburgh, opener who spent end of last summer at Durham, I believe spent some time in NZ cricket but is South African.

He's not played a game since end of August, his form was pretty poor. I know he was originally only signed until the end of the season.

His player profile is not on the Durham website and there is no news about him playing elsewhere. I'm assuming he's doing something outside of cricket.

Leave a comment:

• ThandiPienaar
    replied
    Titans have a big squad!

This thread is massive now!!! I agree that Obus Pienaar is useful rather than a world beater (after his average season), so I am sure he will be a less prominent figure in the 2013 game.

I agree the following need to be made worse:

Razak
    Paterson (on periphery of Dolphins squad)
    Eccles (who is he?)
    Delport (on the periphery of Dolphins)
    Piedt (could one day be good but as a spinner not given the chances
    Simetu (see Piedt!)
    and I think also Dale Deeb. Do you agree he is too good, although a prospect?

You can see averages for each season in FC, List A and T20 competitions for the 6 Franchises. That way you can see stats that are not tainted by provincial stats and maybe then you will get a better picture of the top players and potential Proteas?

Cobras

Dolphins

Knights

Lions

Titans

Warriors

The squad lists look correct to me but if I think of someone you have left out I will post another message.

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Does anyone have any opinions on these squads for the franchises (based on players who played in 2012-2013)?

The season starts in the late September and normally the early 4 day games are used to get the test players in form for the Oct/Nov tests. This last season, though, the Proteas were especially busy with England matches, Champion's League and a T20 World Cup meaning most players were rested.

Cape Cobras

MQ Adams
    AJ Gray
    BE Hendricks
    JM Kemp
    RK Kleinveldt
    CK Langeveldt
    RE Levi
    J Louw
    JL Ontong
    RJ Peterson
    VD Philander
    DL Piedt
    AG Puttick
    MY Vallie
    S van Zyl
    DJ Vilas
    LB Williams
    DW Steyn
    FD Adams
    Azhar Mahmood (Overseas, T20 only)
    FC Plaatjies
    OA Shah (Overseas, T20 only)
    JP Duminy
    D Steyn
    J Kallis
    G Smith

Dolphins

KJ Abbott
    CJ Alexander
    C Chetty
    Frylinck
    I Khan
    KA Maharaj
    DA Miller
    D Paterson
    CP Savage
    M Shezi
    D Smit
    P Subrayen
    JD Vandiar
    VB van Jaarsveld
    DJ van Wyk
    K Zondo
    CS Delport
    LL Tsotsobe
    YA Abdulla
    RS Bopara (Overseas, T20 only)
    H Amla

Knights

RT Bailey
    P Botha
    GL Cloete
    WL Coetsee
    CA Dry
    D du Preez
    D Elgar
    MN Erlank
    Q Friend
    RR Hendricks
    R McLaren
    AJ (Obus) Pienaar
    RR Rossouw
    RS Second
    MP Siboto
    AR Swanepoel
    RK Terblanche
    JJ van der Wath
    SC van Schalkwyk
    MN van Wyk
    N Boje
    D Olivier
    JPH Triegaardt
    LE Bosman
    PJ van Biljon

Lions

T Bavuma
    GH Bodi
    SC Cook
    WA Deacon
    Z de Bruyn
    Q de Kock
    DA Hendricks
    Imran Tahir
    D Klein
    GJP Kruger
    E Leie
    ND McKenzie
    P Matshikwe
    CH Morris
    E O'Reilly
    BJ Pelser
    AN Petersen
    TL Tsolekile
    GC (Hardus) Viljoen
    TG Mokoena
    AM Phangiso
    J Symes
    D Pretorius
    Sohail Tanvie (Overseas, T20 only)
    HE van der Dussen

Titans

F Behardien
    TM Bodibe
    H Davids
    M de Lange
    CJD de Villiers
    JP de Villiers
    PL Harris
    HG Kuhn
    JF Le Clus
    SW Liebisch
    PJ Malan
    LMG Masekela
    NE Mbhalati
    M Mosehle
    RR Richards
    JA Rudolph
    GL van Buuren
    RE van der Merwe
    S von Berg
    D Wiese
    AB de Villiers
    JA Morkel
    M Morkel
    MW Olivier
    M van Jaarsveld
    HH Gibbs
    ER Links
    SB Styris (Overseas, T20 only)
    AC Thomas
    Faf du Plessis

Warriors

ACR Birch
    AZM Dyili
    A Gqamane
    SR Harmer
    CA Ingram
    A Jacobs
    DJ Jacobs
    C Jonker
    AP McLaren
    V Makhaphela
    WD Parnell
    ML Price
    AG Prince
    GR Rabie
    JT Smuts
    KR Smuts
    BD Walters
    CN Ackermann
    J (Rusty) Theron
    CA Thyssen
    L Mbane
    Samit Patel (Overseas, T20 only)
    M Ntini

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    There is some superb information in here, all noted ready for 2013.

As you all know we have done a lot of work over the last year with SA and we've made a good start, but there's still more to do. Provincial games counting as first class is a major issue in how we determine player abilities, but we've got a good base to work from now.

I should get through the stats for the last year shortly, so I'll be able to use this data to make some improvements.

Parnell is an interesting case, he's very talented, but he's not been at all consistent throughout his career, bit early perhaps, but is he going to be one of these cricketers who never has the strength to cope with international cricket?

Outside of de Kock, how is the keeper situation looking? Has Tsotsobe's time come and gone? I know he's a good gloveman, but the times are demanding batting depth. When I last read AB was giving hints that he doesn't want to do it for much more than a year or so.
    Parnell had a good season for the Warriors. Jury is out in my opinion.. He is incredibly young still and has a lot of talent so maybe when he gets a taste of international cricket again he will grab the opportunity and deliver. I remember players like Hayward (Nantie) ended up on the scrap-heap after being exposed at too young an age...

In terms of the keepers, I am guessing you are asking about Tsolekile? I like him a lot but he had an average season with the bat and unfortunately his batting might let him down. Barring a serious injury I think de Villiers will keep, with Vilas and Kuhn as potential medium term backup options and de Kock as a long term serious talent.

I think the SA side of the game is looking good for future accuracy, as this thread has a lot of stat-backed-up info.. Let's keep it up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X