Opposition's Tailenders Are The Best Batsmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposition's Tailenders Are The Best Batsmen

Has any of you noticed this? The last 3 wickets of the opposition, almost always score a lot of runs. Regardless of how bad their FC records are. I am playing as India, have reached 2029 now.

I have a brilliant bowling attack. 2 bowlers have 500+ test wickets at an average of around 22, the other 3 have 200+ wickets at around 22-25. The top 5 bowlers in the "World Rating" are all my bowlers.

But still, i often find the opposition tailenders the hardest to dismiss. I might have a team reeling at 120-7 and they'll almost always end up scoring about 100 more for the last 3 wickets. This has been happening so consistently that i've had enough. Almost all tailenders make their career high scores against me!

Another thing I've found is, for the opposition, the best time to bat is the 5th day. Its almost impossible to get them out! I've had so many teams batting 3 sessions out with 2-3 wickets in hand that its ridiculous.

I love the game, but unless i see some serious improvements in the next game, i am definitely not going to spend more money on this!

Very few Chris Martin's exist with the bat any more, bowlers have been forced to up their batting abilities. Besides, Australia have been pretty much relying on their tailend...

I'm sure if Tino best scored 90 against anyone in Cricket Captain they'd claim it was a bug. Sports aren't predictable, if they were we simply wouldn't watch them.

Fifth day issue, again impossible to really reply to this as we don't know what the conditions are and all the various parameters. There have been many mutterings for years of people complaining about the fourth innings scores, our extensive data says it's accurate, though I suspect the biggest reason is frustration at drawing games you're dominating.

Comment

ive found this version seems to have a better balance when it comes to fourth innings run chases, in icc 2010 i struggled to defend 450+

Comment

I've found this too. Then again, I've also been save some embarrassment by my own tail on occasion. I've had a couple of 8 9 & 10's make 50 on debut.

Comment

Originally posted by NSWBlue View Post
          I've found this too. Then again, I've also been save some embarrassment by my own tail on occasion. I've had a couple of 8 9 & 10's make 50 on debut.
          I think it is quite common now for bowlers to be able to bat a little. There are not many true all-rounders around, but players like Broad, Swann, Philander etc are all bowlers that can bat pretty competently. Even players "worse" at batting than these can have some amazing innings... Finn and Steyn come to mind!

Comment

Working...
          X