Save Game Corrupt - Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Game Corrupt - Please Help!

I was having a pretty exciting season with Durham before this happened.
    (Attached a screenshot of the error screen)

I had been experiencing similar problems since last couple of ICC versions.

All the fun & excitement of a career or season and the hard work of building your favourite team goes in vain as we can't load the saved game anyone.

I have also uploaded the save game file.

Please look into it & suggest any way to recover my save file.

Here is the link to save file (couldn't attach due to size probably,so uploaded on mediafire)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tlv7qp7qo6q5dqm

P.S.- One thing i noticed while uploading the save game file is that the save file (.cap file) doesn't have a .cbk file along with it in the folder,while the other save games have it.
    Attached Files
    Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Passed on to those who may be able to fix it. No promises though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Passed on to those who may be able to fix it. No promises though.
      I have been experiencing this regularly,any reasons why this happens?? Have there been other complaints like this??

Comment

There was some system for earlier ICC versions where whenever we tried to load corrupt file it would ask for recovery and perform the recovery action on the file.

Comment

Anku, what happened to iccfansite.org?

Comment

Originally posted by alex.scargill View Post
            There was some system for earlier ICC versions where whenever we tried to load corrupt file it would ask for recovery and perform the recovery action on the file.
            That system is still there.It recovers the files 3-4 times.After that,the file probably becomes too corrupt (like Indian politicians) to be recovered...

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
            Anku, what happened to iccfansite.org?
            It's history.
            I put some effort to set it up,bought the domain,set up hosting.
            But shut it down soon due to lack of support from ICC fans.
            I thought we could all create something like those FM fan sites,but some people were even questioning the existence of a site like this,which was quite heart breaking.

I thought I must divot my time to some other web ventures.

Comment

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
              That system is still there.It recovers the files 3-4 times.After that,the file probably becomes too corrupt (like Indian politicians) to be recovered...

It's history.
              I put some effort to set it up,bought the domain,set up hosting.
              But shut it down soon due to lack of support from ICC fans.
              I thought we could all create something like those FM fan sites,but some people were even questioning the existence of a site like this,which was quite heart breaking.

I thought I must divot my time to some other web ventures.
              Though Site was nice but You took quick action to down the site instead
              of making more knowledgeable and attractive
              success require lots of time and effort
              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
              Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
                Though Site was nice but You took quick action to down the site instead
                of making more knowledgeable and attractive
                success require lots of time and effort
                I still have the domain & a hosting.I can set it up again if fans promise to co-operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
                  I still have the domain & a hosting.I can set it up again if fans promise to co-operate.
                  I would love it if you started it up again. Maybe you should try and create more interest by making the site more appealing and keeping the same features that this site has and also add more.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                    I would love it if you started it up again. Maybe you should try and create more interest by making the site more appealing and keeping the same features that this site has and also add more.
                    bro are you intrested in becoming moderator/co-admin??
                    I would too love to re-launch.But i need one or two supporting hands like you.

Comment

It should be noted that we'd still back a fan site, just not under the name you have, we just cannot support a fan-site with that name. It fits in with the game and I think as we expand over the coming years it would have even more of a role to play.

As for your save game, hopefully Chris can take a look at it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                        It should be noted that we'd still back a fan site, just not under the name you have, we just cannot support a fan-site with that name. It fits in with the game and I think as we expand over the coming years it would have even more of a role to play.

As for your save game, hopefully Chris can take a look at it soon.
                        Thanks for the update on save game file.I hope it gets resolved soon.

Coming to the fan site,I completely understand your issues with the ICC,but I don't think it could be a problem with the fan site belonging to me.But I understand that you run a company & would not like to keep any gaps open.

Anyway,I have also said before that the site won't have any linkups with Childishthings UK,or Cricket Captain,and I also wrote it down in the footer note of the site when it was created.
                        What I actually asked was that if someone asks for a site other than these forums where alternative things can be found,you may recommend my site,which could be done by placing a link of my site in these forums or by some other legitimate method.

Comment

Any updates on the save game file Sureshot??

Comment

Not yet, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                            X