Tip for bowling in One Dayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@GrahamB

here is the latest match which i played today against NZ with India...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
      Not sure about 20/20, but will probably work there too.
      Seems to work in T20 as well, qualified for the IPL semis with Rajasthan.

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
        Seems to work in T20 as well, qualified for the IPL semis with Rajasthan.
        Very good.

Comment

These tactics seem to have improved my performances with Kent bowling attack. I just change to full length for last 3-5 overs. Batting doing quite well too, have plenty of wickets to go full aggression in final 10 overs.

Comment

In one dayers and T20, I think its important to set your own fields once the fielding restrictions are done with (especially the first powerplay) as the default field settings are pretty crap. Bowling outside off stump is a good tip I think, I like to bowl at the batsman's weakness but this has cost me a load of runs against off side preference batsman. I will be giving this a go in combination with my custom field settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Auric Goldfinger View Post
              In one dayers and T20, I think its important to set your own fields once the fielding restrictions are done with (especially the first powerplay) as the default field settings are pretty crap. Bowling outside off stump is a good tip I think, I like to bowl at the batsman's weakness but this has cost me a load of runs against off side preference batsman. I will be giving this a go in combination with my custom field settings.
              As I've stated elsewhere, one shouldn't have to resort to using custom fields in order to have some success.

Comment

As I've stated elsewhere, one shouldn't have to resort to using custom fields in order to have some success.
                I sort of agree. Personally, I think there should be two types of field setting for each type of bowler. The current default ones are reasonable enough for the first class games/tests but not for the one dayers and T20s. For the next ICC game (or a patch for this one if possible), I think new default settings need to be created with one day game in mind for each type of bowler.

Comment

Isn't that a bit like saying that a manager of a football team refuses to score goals from set pieces in order to win the game ?
                  Fielding is an integral part of the game isn't it.
                  Seems like there is a bit more emphasis on it than in previous versions of the game

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                    Isn't that a bit like saying that a manager of a football team refuses to score goals from set pieces in order to win the game ?
                    Fielding is an integral part of the game isn't it.
                    Seems like there is a bit more emphasis on it than in previous versions of the game
                    It's a bit more like saying that you need to use custom formations in Fifa Manager, because 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, etc will not be good enough to bring you some success.

Comment

It's odd. Once you start bowling outside off stump to the default defensive field OD and T20 matches all become relatively simple. I don't know about other people but I was definitely over complicating things in my approach in trying to find a winning formula.

Comment

It's odd. Once you start bowling outside off stump to the default defensive field OD and T20 matches all become relatively simple. I don't know about other people but I was definitely over complicating things in my approach in trying to find a winning formula.
                        Indeed!

Comment

One more suggestion from my side

If your going to debut to new bowler choose Bowler for Best S/R
                          After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                          Is my Next Dream

Comment

i agree totally. I was trying to bowl to their weaknesses and failed but i thought i give the outside off stump tactic a go and i actually won my first ODI series.

Comment

i reached t20 world cup final with a young england squad...... i can restrict teams to under 120 quite a lot and under 140 nearly all the time...... i've used the full outside off tactic with a few custom fields which i have taken from people on the forums

For batting i start with 5 bars and work up.... in my eyes there's no real formula but to play around and be sensible with the aggression...... 115-140 can be a competitive score if you have the right bowling tactics and the odd game batsmen go ballistic and get 160-180

Comment

It's a bit more like saying that you need to use custom formations in Fifa Manager, because 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, etc will not be good enough to bring you some success.
                                Not the same because the default fields in ICC are pretty garbage. OTOH the computer has to use the same fields, so it does feel like cheating by setting custom fields.
                                Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Working...
                                X