Please help. One dayers and t20's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. One dayers and t20's

In the cb40 and fl T20 competitions, i always go for at least 6 an over in the cb40 and 9/10 an over in t20's. In reply i often only reach 160ish in cb40 and 120ish in t20's.

i am currently only playing the trial version and am buying the full version on wednesday however i'm seriously considering not buying it due to this, is it just me?

Don't buy the game until they fix this! This is happening to me as well and is very annoying. Regardless of the team, the AI always wins in a OD/T20 game.

Comment

try using manual field setting for bowlers and also have some batsmen of high aggression in you squad, things will ease out a bit and you may start winning.

Comment

Originally posted by UTBash View Post
        In the cb40 and fl T20 competitions, i always go for at least 6 an over in the cb40 and 9/10 an over in t20's. In reply i often only reach 160ish in cb40 and 120ish in t20's.

i am currently only playing the trial version and am buying the full version on wednesday however i'm seriously considering not buying it due to this, is it just me?
        No, it's not just you.

Comment

good to know its not just me, this problem is horrendous it has never been like this before!

Comment

You'll get the hang of it. Aggressive batsmen and tight bowlers are important. Aggressive batsmen can score fast at lower aggression levels (taking less risks). Bowlers with good economy rates force the batsmen to take more risks to score. The computer plays by the same rules as you, so you will win if you persevere.

Comment

it was better in previous versions

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                You'll get the hang of it. Aggressive batsmen and tight bowlers are important. Aggressive batsmen can score fast at lower aggression levels (taking less risks). Bowlers with good economy rates force the batsmen to take more risks to score. The computer plays by the same rules as you, so you will win if you persevere.
                Will keep experimenting then.

Comment

Originally posted by UTBash View Post
                  it was better in previous versions
                  By better you mean easier. If you find it too hard then simply go on easy mode. I've got the hang of it in normal mode so it's not impossible.

Comment

Just copy the same tactics as what the computer does. Obviously it is difficult to copy computer-controlled batsman, but you can note how aggressive their bowlers are just by checking the field settings. Watching the highlights or Hawk-Eye to see how they bowl helps too.

It's just a case of forgetting your tactics from previous games and relearning. You can't start at seven aggression bars for T20 any more (I learned the hard way). You'll have to start at maybe six or even five bars. Also bowl full and outside off stump when you're bowling, and spread your field out more than the default field placement.
                    My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

Are you talking about International mode as well, because that's where most of us are having difficulty?
                      A lot of experimenting and still no closer to having success, even taking what you say into account. Even batting on three bars of aggression sees you lose early wickets and quickly fall into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                        Are you talking about International mode as well, because that's where most of us are having difficulty?
                        A lot of experimenting and still no closer to having success, even taking what you say into account. Even batting on three bars of aggression sees you lose early wickets and quickly fall into trouble.
                        Yep ive yet to make more than about 150 in a county odi game so far, i dont have the best players but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                          By better you mean easier. If you find it too hard then simply go on easy mode. I've got the hang of it in normal mode so it's not impossible.
                          no i don't mean easier, i just liked the way the older versions one dayers were.

Anyway, I've actually had some decent games batting wise, reaching 220-250 in 40 overs games, but still struggling with the ball in those games.

In t20's i endlessly seem to lose early wickets and have ended up at scores like 70-9 off 20 overs, even when not losing wickets the run rate doesn't increase too much and i've tried similar tactics to the 40 over games, maybe a bit more aggressive from the start though.

Comment

Some of this might be down to the strength of your team. Improving player's aggression and bowling accuracy through coaching can help in the short term. Working on general technique will help long term.

Comment

Some of this might be down to the strength of your team. Improving player's aggression and bowling accuracy through coaching can help in the short term. Working on general technique will help long term.
                              thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                              X