Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Indies Under Ranga !

WINDIES Vs Australia 1st Test

Decided to start a game with the West Indies, Not the easiest of assignments up first with the much fancied Aussies in town..

West Indies

Gayle
    Barath
    Chanderpaul
    D. Bravo
    Edwards
    Stoute
    Baugh
    Russell
    Narine
    Taylor
    Roach

Australia
    Warner
    Watson
    Ponting
    M. Hussey
    Clarke
    Nevill
    Cowan
    Harris
    Siddle
    Hilfenhaus
    Pattinson

Debut - West Indies ( Narine, Stoute )
    Australia ( Nevill )

Brought in the very exciting Narine for the first test, and was surprised not to see Mitchell Johnson lining up for the Aussies !

TAB Odds Australia $1.65, West Indies $3.50

Took control of the first innings with a solid top order effort, middle order looked abit shaky before a decent partnership between Baugh and Russell helped me to a first innings lead, Hillfenhaus earned his MOTM snearing a hattrick in the first innings and a match winning 71 in the second innings Very frustrated with my poor second innings attempt..

Second Test

Both teams fielding the same eleven, Australia were brutal in the second test, Gayle and Barath were the only batsman that troubled the bowlers in the first innings and Clarke and Cowan were superb on what looked to be horrible batting conditions..

The second innings seen another middle order collapse which will probably see a couple of changes come into the squad to try mend things

Comment

West Indies Vs Australia Third Test

Decided to stay with the same 11, as did Australia ( No Surprise ! )
      Looked to bounce back after a somewhat painful display in the second test, but it just turned out to be another dominate display by the Aussies...

A couple of promising signs from the tour was the bowling of Roach and the batting of Russell, Up next is another tough tour in England, but surely i can improve...

Comment

Looks like Narine's magic is not working
        You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

West Indies Tour of England
          West Indies vs Sussex
          Originally posted by habib View Post
          Looks like Narine's magic is not working
          He did cause a few headaches, got alot of play and misses / lbw shouts and had a couple catches dropped from his bowling

West Indies XI
          Sussex

Gayle (c)
          Joyce (c)
          Barath
          Nash
          Chanderpaul
          Goodwin
          D.Bravo
          Gatting
          Edwards
          Yardy
          Russell
          Brown
          Baugh
          Wells
          Narine
          Arif
          Miller
          Khan
          Taylor
          Anyon
          Roach
          Panaser

Spinners wicket so i can play both Narine and Miller, No changes to the top order again, last chance to fire before somebody like Nash, Samuals or Sarwen get a look in

few good signs from the warm up, Gayle and the middle order looked solid and Miller looked good with ball in hand, First test up next !

Comment

Thread.

How do i delete the thread ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ranga View Post
              How do i delete the thread ? lol
              Don't! Just embarrass yourself like I'm doing in mine!

Comment

Haha, i started again with Sri Lanka ! West Indies are far too frustrating

Comment

Why does no one ever go for the absolute minnows of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe Would be interesting (at least for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                    Why does no one ever go for the absolute minnows of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe Would be interesting (at least for me).
                    I might give it a try, right now just waiting for mac version
                    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Originally posted by habib View Post
                      I might give it a try, right now just waiting for mac version
                      Will be interesting with Zimbabwe or Bangladesh May be September will be
                      mac version released

This story is halt could be resume again
                      After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                      Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                      X