ICCfansite.org - Request for approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICCfansite.org - Request for approval

Now that ICC 2012 has been released,I thought this would be the perfect time to talk to Chris Child & Sureshot about the International Cricket Captain Fansite created by me last month for all the ICC fans around the world.

iccfansite.org

I request Chris/Sureshot to please have a look & consider approving it as an "approved fansite"

Here's some basic info about the site:-

Hosting - Paid.Unlimited.
    Type - Forum.
    CMS - phpbb
    Features - Different sections for different stuff like stories,latest news,tips/tricks,suggestions,etc.

The site is currently ad-free & i don't plan to flood it with ads.I might use a header/footer banner in future.

I hope Chris will take a look & accept my request.
    This site will help fans to connect easily & also in taking the game to more people.

Anku31
    Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
    Now that ICC 2012 has been released,I thought this would be the perfect time to talk to Chris Child & Sureshot about the International Cricket Captain Fansite created by me last month for all the ICC fans around the world.

iccfansite.org

I request Chris/Sureshot to please have a look & consider approving it as an "approved fansite"

Here's some basic info about the site:-

Hosting - Paid.Unlimited.
    Type - Forum.
    CMS - phpbb
    Features - Different sections for different stuff like stories,latest news,tips/tricks,suggestions,etc.

The site is currently ad-free & i don't plan to flood it with ads.I might use a header/footer banner in future.

I hope Chris will take a look & accept my request.
    This site will help fans to connect easily & also in taking the game to more people.

Anku31
    I fully support iccfansite.org, I think it is a great website.

Comment

First I will appreciate all the hard work that you put in to make this website which really is amazing. But I think all the stuff which you have in your website is discussed on childish things forum not as organized as yours though ( I mean different sections for different stuff like stories section, tricks section etc). So in my opinion there is no need to make another website for things which we already share in here. Moreover, the benefit of using childish things website is that we can hear from Chris and Sureshot on different updates and issues.
      You probably can add some other stuff in your website to make it more appealing.
      This is just my personal view and I don't know what Chris or other users think about that.
      You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Anyone who knows Football Manager Handheld will know that there is an independent site (FMH Vibe) that is supported and fully endorsed by Sports Interactive (the developers) even though they themselves have their own official forum etc ...... So this can work

Comment

Hey anku u r frm india. Please help me out. U bought this game via debit or credit card???

Comment

Thanks a lot for your views guys.
            I hope Chris/Sureshot will have a look at it very soon.

Comment

Still awaiting a response from Chris.

Comment

Still awaiting a response from Chris.
                I hope for your benefit that your website is approved. For all the time and effort you put into it you deserve that status. Only a couple of things though. I would appreciate it if you put more categories into your website e.g. requests for future versions, great bowlers, great batsmen etc and also please don't put adson the site as that would ruin the site. Overall, though I hope Chris approves your site.

Comment

Thanks KGKOOLKAT.
                  Really disappointed on this thread being continuously ignored by the concerned people.
                  I posted a comment with a link on FB page too,but it was removed as a spam.

Comment

Hi. Sorry. I wasn't sure what to do with this. I'm very happy for you to run a fan site. The name initials abbreviation can't be sanctioned by us due to legal
                    issues with the International Cricket Council.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                      Hi. Sorry. I wasn't sure what to do with this. I'm very happy for you to run a fan site. The name initials abbreviation can't be sanctioned by us due to legal
                      issues with the International Cricket Council.
                      First of all thanks for your response Chris,really happy to listen from you.
                      Let me clarify a few things here,the site i created is a third party fan site.I have even mentioned in the footer area of the site
                      Code:
                      "ICCfansite.org is an unofficial fansite of International Cricket Captain & has no collaborations or whatsoever with Childish Things Pvt. Ltd. United Kingdom."
                      So,i think this should not have any problems with your abbreviation issues.
                      Secondly,you must have seen those fan sites of Football Manager (FM).
                      They are approved by FM but are third party sites.This means that the FM developers just provide the names/links of sites fans can visit.The sites which have been verified as having good content.No other guaranties whatsoever.
                      I hope you are able to understand what I am saying.

And also,if you think making a few modifications (the abbreviation or anything else) can make things more comfortable for you,I will surely do that.

I believe this game deserves fan sites as it's no less than FM & it should help it to reach more people.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by Anku31; 07-14-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

First of all thanks for your response Chris,really happy to listen from you.
                        Let me clarify a few things here,the site i created is a third party fan site.I have even mentioned in the footer area of the site
                        Code:
                        "ICCfansite.org is an unofficial fansite of International Cricket Captain & has no collaborations or whatsoever with Childish Things Pvt. Ltd. United Kingdom."
                        So,i think this should not have any problems with your abbreviation issues.
                        Secondly,you must have seen those fan sites of Football Manager (FM).
                        They are approved by FM but are third party sites.This means that the FM developers just provide the names/links of sites fans can visit.The sites which have been verified as having good content.No other guaranties whatsoever.
                        I hope you are able to understand what I am saying.

And also,if you think making a few modifications (the abbreviation or anything else) can make things more comfortable for you,I will surely do that.

I believe this game deserves fan sites as it's no less than FM & it should help it to reach more people.

Thanks.

The site appears to be gone, the link errors now.

Did the ICC come down heavy on you, or was it due to the lack of interest from us fans. Last time I visited there were very few posts on there.

Comment

Originally posted by CricketFan View Post
                          The site appears to be gone, the link errors now.

Did the ICC come down heavy on you, or was it due to the lack of interest from us fans. Last time I visited there were very few posts on there.
                          Yeah, there was hardly any interest really. Everyone prefers to go on the official forum.
                          Last edited by Alrounder80; 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                            Yeah, there were hardly any interest really. Everyone prefers to go on the official forum.
                            You have hit the nail on the head

Comment

Why he made the website and why he pull out it back don't understand the reason

Its was small time passion
                              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                              Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                              X