Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the game - auto button + seeking a detailed tactical guide

Hi chaps

Brand new to this franchise and loving it, but I have a couple of queries.

How do I correctly use the autoplay button during a match? For me it operates identically to the 'play over' button. It bowls an over and goes back to the game interface.

I would also appreciate any good links to how exactly people find success in ICC2011 regarding aggression levels and so forth. I've read the game guide but it is to my mind rather vague. If there are no such comprehensive guides, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

boofhead71

Hi.

You should be able to click the "auto" button a single time and it should play over after over until a wicket falls, the session ends or the innings closes.

Here is a really rough and general guide for tactics for a beginner. Obviously take into account those in the game manual too

FC Bat: 2 agg then move up to 3 when 30% settled. The pitch, conditions or match situtation however may warrant either more aggressive or defensive batting.

FC Bowl: Bowl to weaknesses. Be more aggressive to new batsman. When they are somewhat settled use a balanced field and aggression setting.

OD Bat: Start batsman on 4 and move up to 5 when somewhat settled. The situation will often warrant more aggressive batting however.

OD Bowl: Bowl to weaknesses on 2 aggression. When batsman are somewhat settled move down to 1 aggression and use a more defensive field.

T20 Bat:Start batsman on 6 and move up to 7 when somewhat settled. The situation will often warrant more aggressive batting however.

T20 Bowl: Same as OD
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

I found my answer to the autoplay mystery:

Note that Auto play
      automatically switches off at the end of
      an over in which a highlight has been
      triggered. As a result the auto play
      feature will not function when the
      highlight level is set to every ball.
      I like to watch every ball

Thanks for your tactical advice! I'll give this a shot in my next few matches and see how I fare.

Comment

Working...
      X