Sim matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim matches

When i play matches properly it always seems to take way too long (like half an hour for a one day match) and it has taken me 2 weeks to get through just over half a season. Do most of you on here just sim all your matches?

It really depends how much time and effort you put into tactics such as field changes. I pretty much always play all of my matches, simming them is what I do only when I get really bored towards the end of a season and just want to complete it ASAP. I like to be in control and simming takes that away from me. The game itself is really realistic when it's you v AI, but I've noticed that the game is skewed towards the bowlers in AI v AI games as there are hardly any draws whatsoever. Often when I play as a domestic side, the only draws in the season will be between me and another team.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Siddle is a legend View Post
      When i play matches properly it always seems to take way too long (like half an hour for a one day match) and it has taken me 2 weeks to get through just over half a season. Do most of you on here just sim all your matches?
      I play the whole game as a "sim" rather than an on field game.
      I play cricket a lot IRL, so the onfield stuff doesn't hold the allure for me.

However as a sim without proper stat handling..ICC fails.

2011 is the first time I held back from buying the series for 13 years. If 2012 is as small a forward step then I will move on for good.

Too many good sports sims to keep hoping this one gets more depth, if it hasn't happened in over a decade I'm probably foolish to think it will happen now - but hey - one last chance.

Now back to ICC2002 - with the Excel spreadsheet macros that do all the stat for me, the updatable player photos (which means I have a team full of familar stars 250 years into the future) and very quick simming. (I can actually play a test match "properly" bowling changes, line and length changes etc) in about 5 minutes.

Compared to that, ICC2011 seems a gigantic step backwards for a "simmer"

Scritty
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Working...
      X