Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide for Technique Training?

Something about technique training...

Does it even bloody do anything? I need some sort of guide on if it actually does anything or some sort of progress is shown?

I've left technique training on players for a while but I just never seem to see any results? Does anything pop up and tell you your player is improving or what?

(I've got a save file with Western Australia & Australia.. And I've also got a just Australia file)

If you leave the technique training on for long enough on, say, more aggressive batting, then a message should pop up in the message box saying that the batsman's aggression has improved from very defensive to defensive for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike McCallan View Post
      If you leave the technique training on for long enough on, say, more aggressive batting, then a message should pop up in the message box saying that the batsman's aggression has improved from very defensive to defensive for example.
      Really? Never seen any messages pop up at all.

Ever seen a message pop up for general technique training?

Comment

Ever seen a message pop up for general technique training?
        Yes, well it doesn't 'pop up' exactly but should appear in the messages section along with injury news etc.

Comment

good question. Ive seen for example "Player X has improved his aggressive batting" - but has anyone ever seen "Player X has improved general technique"????

Comment

Originally posted by pearljammonkey View Post
            good question. Ive seen for example "Player X has improved his aggressive batting" - but has anyone ever seen "Player X has improved general technique"????
            I suppose that as you can't normally see the general skill level of a batsman, because it is in the game's code, then when the general technique (skill level) improves then that is also hidden.

The batsman's aggression is, on the other hand, in each player's profile so easily visible and therefore a message is displayed when that changes.

That is my guess anyway! ( I have never seen a message saying that a player's general technique has improved btw)

Comment

possibly... or perhaps General technique training improves all attributes at an even rate???

which means at some point of receiving enough general technique, a batsman should deliver a message saying attribute 'x' (whichever of his attributes that was closest to the next 'level') has improved.??? and can i successfully technique train a 26/27 year old?

I personally think its all a bit silly that we, as players of this awesome game, have to sit here wondering what technique training does!! (PS what the hell difference does 'accuracy training' do in comparison to 'defensive bowling training'????)

I'm all for hiding the attributes of players, forcing us to look at performances & 2nd teams averages which is closer to real life, but we should at least have more visibility when it comes to what technique training actually does. if anything. lol

Comment

I can totally understand where you're coming from, and I find it annoying too that you can put a kid through heaps of training and them get no where, but you can see plenty of examples in real life where years of technique training have shown no effect *cough*Johnson*cough*. It works more realistically this way, and as frustrating as it is, that's just cricket.

Comment

Working...
                X