Victoria team ruined by National selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria team ruined by National selections

I am finding it impossible to be competitive when picking Victoria in the Australian Domestic comp.

The AI keeps picking all my best players, which is leaving me with a skeleton team to play with.

eg 2012 season where 7 of my best players missed 90% of the domestic season due to International duties.

Originally posted by CricketFan View Post
    I am finding it impossible to be competitive when picking Victoria in the Australian Domestic comp.

The AI keeps picking all my best players, which is leaving me with a skeleton team to play with.

eg 2012 season where 7 of my best players missed 90% of the domestic season due to International duties.

This just reflects the talent in Victorian cricket at the moment (I admit this sadly, being a South Aussie myself) and is something you just have to deal with. Over a couple of seasons good youngsters should emerge and you'll end up with a very competitive team if you stick with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
      This just reflects the talent in Victorian cricket at the moment (I admit this sadly, being a South Aussie myself) and is something you just have to deal with. Over a couple of seasons good youngsters should emerge and you'll end up with a very competitive team if you stick with them.
      Unlike the County teams though, the Aussie Domestic only allows for 24 players on your list. So if 7 of your best players aren't available, you have to manage the remaining players very carefully. Injury or loss of form to the other 17 players leaves you sitting on the bottom of the tables. Also, the system to pick players post season isn't as good as the county, and the player list available is rather to poor to pick from.

Comment

Originally posted by CricketFan View Post
        Unlike the County teams though, the Aussie Domestic only allows for 24 players on your list. So if 7 of your best players aren't available, you have to manage the remaining players very carefully. Injury or loss of form to the other 17 players leaves you sitting on the bottom of the tables. Also, the system to pick players post season isn't as good as the county, and the player list available is rather to poor to pick from.
        It actually allows you around 18, but you get additional spots if players are Australian contract holders (hence why you can pick fewer players at the start when you are South Australia, but more if you play as New South Wales). But yes, you do need to manage your players carefully and the contract system could certainly be improved in my opinion. In real life they pick from a larger pool, but I'm not sure how this would work in-game.

Comment

Working...
        X