Best XI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best XI?

Does anyone have any opinions on the best county XI for ICC 2011? It is obviously hard to say given that younger players seem to actually take some time to develop, compared with previous versions where this was non-existent.
    I have not played too much but will have a go to get things started.

County FC
    1. A.Cook(c)
    2. C.Kieswetter(wk)
    3. J.Taylor
    4. C.Hughes
    5. B.Stokes
    6. J.Bairstow
    7. S.Broad
    8. G.Swann
    9. D.Briggs
    10. J.Anderson
    11. S.Finn
    Last edited by bryce87; 10-31-2011, 01:50 AM.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Definitely Chesney Hughes... he scored 2144 runs for me in first class matches in one season opening the batting for my Sussex team

I do think you should try and lose the full-time England players from the list though, will make it more useful as an XI

Comment

Yeah it sucks how the full-time England players never leave their county until they lose their England contract.

In a game I am playing atm I have Hughes too my best with him in a season is just 1921 so far lol but he is still only 26. I have also had Taylor in a previous game and he is just as immense across all forms. Kieswetter has also been a machine for me. You could add Woakes & Harris in there if you wanted to remove the England players but I am not sure who else lol.
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Kieswetter has been really good for me offline, but for some reason he seems incapable of batting quickly if i use him online.

Comment

Off the top of my head the top players I can think of early in the game that I'd make an eleven out of and discounting players predominantly on English duty:

1. Ed Joyce (strong solid opener, it was him or Carberry for me)
          2. Jason Roy (smashes lots of runs at a fast speed, doesn't seem to do as well in the one-dayers though)
          3. Brad Stokes (unimpressive with the ball for me though)
          4. James Hildreth (very good, very consistently, doesn't get picked by England much though
          5. Niall O'Brian (pounds the runs at a strong rate, even got a couple of triples with him)
          6. Ryan ten Doeschate (not technically English, but plays for Essex the whole time so counts in my book)
          7. Jonny Bairstow/Craig Kieswetter/Steve Davies (wk (can't really separate them, they've been terrific for me)
          8. Chris Woakes (best all-rounder I've got other than ten Doeschate, but is way more economical)
          9. Scott Borthwick (takes a lot of wickets for me and backs it up with enough runs to be an all-rounder)
          10. Toby Roland-Jones (awesome seamer, rarely fails)
          11. Danny Briggs/Gemaal Hussain (depending on conditions) (Briggs is more steady and consistent, but while Hussain is expensive, when he is in form, nobody takes more wickets)

Comment

Roland-Jones was not very good for me and I ended up giving him away. I suppose it did not help that he leaked runs like a sieve in OD & T20. He certainly did fail a lot but he probably is at his best in the peak ICC age group of 27-31.

O'Brien at 5 seems strange as all the other 'keepers you mentioned are a lot stronger batsmen than him you would think. Nice team though. And it is Ben Stokes btw
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X